Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Most of the recipes are for several servings (2-8), about 1 cup each. We absolutely will be updating the recipes to provide this type of information, as well as how many carb/protein/fat exchanges are provided in each serving.

ColleenB4 11 years ago

I am new today, so I haven’t read a lot of the aticles yet, but have looked at some of the recipes. Are all of them for one serving? The ones I’ve seen don’t say how many servings.

Frank 11 years ago

I’m still deciding on what will be my first proper goal in this program – it will probably be to lose 5 lb.
Anyway, I wanted to say congrats to everyone successfully progressing and reaching their goals! It is really encouraging to read about others succeeding, somehow it boosts my motivation and optimism.
We can do it! 😀

Winn 11 years ago

And I hope, that by keeping closer tabs on what I eat, I’ll be able to reach my first goal to loose 10 pounds!

DianePearson 11 years ago

Hi Carla,,,congrats !!!! And what is your next goal!!! Mine was to follow the diet as much as possibe and excercise 15mins a day and walk 10mins….my first weight goal is 10lbs….I started Aug 15 (a restart) at 197 and today Aug 18 195….I have a ways to go…I am giving myself 6 weeks to accomplish my goal…(Sept 26) I will set new goas…. Keep in touch…Diane

Carla 11 years ago

Well, I’ve reached my goal of eating fewer snacks between the meals – in the past week. For me, that’s a decent start since constant snacking was a huge problem in my daily nutrition. I hope to keep progressing even more as time goes by…

Hi, Diane. I am part of the Trim Down Club group, but went through a similar process myself. I do not see your menus, but if you have specific questions and want to send examples, I am happy to help. As for digestive health, make sure you get plenty of fluids (usually about 8 glasses per day, more in heat or with a lot of exercise), and of course, grain fibers. If you are not used to a lot of fiber (more than 30 grams per day is recommended), then build up your intake gradually (add about 5 grams per week) and again, remember to drink plenty of wanter with it.
I would suggest you discuss your concerns with a physician or nurse practitioner, but otherwise, folk remedies include olive oil with tomato or fresh-squeezed orange juice, and of course, prune juice and avoiding white rice, chocolate, and hard cheeses. Beyond nutrition, exercise (even just walking) is very, very important to get things going.

Hi… yesterday I lost 1lb….9 to go to meet my first goal…I didn’t have a perfect day the end of the day was tradgic but today is another day…. is Ossis part of the lose weight group like me or is she part of the trimdown group??? If she is part of group that gives professional advice do you see our filled in menu and can you give us thums up on what we ate that day,,, I am not having BM.. is there an advice on how to get this going?

You can use the recipes at any time, as soon as you feel comfortable with the exchange-like system applied in the menu planner. Most recipes utilize a combination of food groups, which fits best with breakfast, lunch, and dinner meals. If you need to move some food groups around in your day to make a recipe fit, that’s fine – just as long as you are sure to get a good source of protein in the morning.

Willow180 11 years ago

This is my 5th day on the program. I have been following my weekly menu and have noticed one thing that has changed for me. My energy level has gone up. I do not have that “drained, tired feeling” in the afternoon. My goal is similar to Diane’s. I would like to lose my first 10 lbs. I do my stretching exercises for about 20 minutes each day and have been closely following my menu. I know about the weekly menu. Can someone please tell me when I can use the recipes that I see pictured from this program? Thanks!

My first goal is to lose 10 lbs…..I will follow my menu close as possible…excercise 15mims a day…and of course journel….read as much material as I can each day to keep me motivated…Aug 15th…see you 10lbs lighter….Diane

Patrick 11 years ago

Hello, and good luck! I think the important thing is to have a structure that allows you enough freedom, so that you feel like you can still choose what to eat, even if you are switching to different meal planning. I am also new and have high hopes about this.
The good moment for me today is making a decision to deal with my recent weight gain.

purplequeen 11 years ago

I am new to this program too! and I am excited! I have tried many and many things but they have all failed because of the “diet” aspect of it. Also because certain foods mess up your hormones and make u crave more. I was doing things on my own for a while but it seemed that without structure it didnt really work, so this program is the structure for me! wish me luck!

Stevie 11 years ago

Hi there. Well, I’ve lost some weight, but then I’ve been watching my diet for months…
However, good and healthy eating is very important – I found that if you choose a quick diet to lose weight in short amount of time, you could afterwards succumb back to old eating habits and gain weight again. Reorganizing your nutrition to create a lifelong habit of eating healthy could be a slower path to weight loss, but at least it will be easier to maintain your weight afterwards.

And good luck, I hope you’ll stick around. 🙂

Yolanda Webb 11 years ago

I am new to the program,I have read your comments, has anyone lost any weight? Because all the good eating is great but NOT losing weight sucks!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.