Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
Ossie-Sharon 3 years ago

Hi, wlsteckiel. You may benefit from a program that keeps you mostly off your feet, but works your core and targets belly fat. The best I know of is Warrior Made (link here http://track.warriorclicktrack.com/aff_c?offer_id=264&aff_id=1320&aff_sub=sh).

wlsteckiel 3 years ago

Hi I have a chronic illness(MS) that limits my mobility. Basically strong just no balance, and easy fatigue. So making my king size bed has now turned into a workout. Always on the lookout for ways to alter exercises so that they fit my limitations.

Ossie-Sharon 3 years ago

Hi, Chiharding. There are many different floor exercises you can do that don’t involve strain on your knees and hips. For example, Warrior Made offers moves that may suit you (http://track.warriorclicktrack.com/aff_c?offer_id=264&aff_id=1320&aff_sub=sh). If you have access to yoga or Pilates classes (including online), those types of exercises also have floor options that may work.

Chiharding 3 years ago

Hello, I hurt my knees trying to overcompensate for a hip injury I sustained over 5 years ago. The doctor blamed my weight even though I explained to him what happened to me. I never received a proper diagnosis and as a result, I never healed properly, so I am limited in what I can do as far as workouts are concerned, especially when it involves knees and hip exercises. What do you recommend becauseI don’t think diet alone will be enough to help me to lose the 100+ I want to lose. Thanks

Ossie-Sharon 3 years ago

Hi, lafinestmaids. The best exercises for fibromyalgia are those in water, such as “water aerobics.” Do you have regular access to a swimming pool? After that, yoga is considered to be very helpful.
Walking can also help control pain and fatigue. Start by walking as little as five minutes a day and add 30 seconds or a minute each day if you can. Work up to 30 minutes to an hour of walking, three to four times a week. If you start to struggle, walk for a comfortable length of time for several days before increasing again. If you want a more intense workout for fat-burning, try alternating walking with slow jogging.

lafinestmaids 3 years ago

I suffer for years muscule and join pain. My doctor in mexico told me is my tyroid. Here in USA told me is fibromyalgia. I am taking meds for tyroid i don’t feel exausted like before but i still gaving joins pain. What kind of exercises can i do? I am 50 years old

Ossie-Sharon 3 years ago

Hi, JButler73. Walking is an excellent form of exercise, and you can do it at home if you wish – even just walking in place or pacing is enough (try it in front of the TV to make the time pass). It is recommended to do this for at least 20 minutes at a time, preferably a couple of times per day.
Are you able to lift any weights, or is that too much strain on your back? Note that lifting does not need to be of very heavy weights – just something to work your arms. For example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mn8Vpzjoz2I.

Jbutler73 3 years ago

Dear patrons, I am looking to decreas my weight by 55lbs before 12/25/2020.
I have a box implanted in my back which prevents any type of sit-ups, rolling on back, twisting and any exercises thats dealing with my back. Im going to start the eating slimdown program, but I need some type of exercises to start with.Thank you PastorJanice Butler

Gardenia1114 3 years ago

Hello Kimchi 2020, I understand your frustration on trying to exercise after major surgery. I do not know what your underlying issues are or why you had knee surgeries. For me, the underlying issue is and will always be Osteoarthritis which led to a total left hip replacement. Frustration does not affect me as much as fear does. I am always afraid that I am going to damage a part of my body. My last follow up with my hip surgeon was December 3 2019 where he basically informed me that I need to lose weight, if not my hip will not work. I was doing well in January, February and March of 2020. However, as we all know, a big change took place in our workplaces due to the pandemic. Not only did I need to deal and challenge a new fear, but everything in our lives were altered. Needless to say, this added 10 lbs. I have been searching everywhere and anywhere to find a way to follow doctors orders. I have hope that I found it here. I have requested your friendship because I feel both of us, along with so many others, are in the same boat. A boat filled with frustration and fear.

Ossie-Sharon 3 years ago

Hi, Kimchi2020. You don’t need to run or jump to be physically active. Even floor exercises can be very, very beneficial, especially because they tend to target belly fat (the source of many problems). I encourage you to look up “Warrior Made” – those are the best workouts, but definitely not the only ones of their type. You can even do their moves from the comfort of your bed. If you would like more information about this, please let me know (or you can reach out to Customer Service through the “Contact Us” link at the bottom left of each site page).

Kimchi2020 3 years ago

Hello. I have a lot of weight to lose and feel like it is taking forever. I had two knee surgeries so it is sometimes difficult trying to find an exercise buddy. Do you have this problem too? I cannot run or jump, basically no high impact. I guess that is why I am on here. Diet is going to playing a key role in me accomplishing my goal weight. Looking for advice, tips or words encouragement. Thanks.

Ossie-Sharon 3 years ago

Hi, Bengalady. Congratulations on your surgery, but I’m sorry to read of your struggles. I’m glad you’re walking. Note that there are lots of things you can do that keep you off your feet – yoga and pilates, for example, can target belly fat without aggravating your knees.

Bengalady 3 years ago

I recently had a revision total knee replacement. I’m so upset because I’ve gained 10 lb. since my surgery.
So far, I can only do physical therapy, consists of stretching. Just started walking, so far can do 1/2 mile. Hoping with increase in this for now will help me.

Ossie-Sharon 4 years ago

Hi, Icewater. Stretching is generally considered to be good for bad knees and shoulders, but do check with your doctor. Meanwhile, you can benefit from moves that keep you off your feet and target belly fat instead, like the Warrior Made series – you can check it out here: http://track.warriorclicktrack.com/aff_c?offer_id=264&aff_id=1320&aff_sub=sh. If you would like more guidance with this, please let me know.

Icewater 4 years ago

Hi. Like others I have very bad knees. But I also have a problem with my right shoulder and right elbow. I still want to exercise but am afraid of making it worse. What can I do?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.