Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Regena 8 years ago

Thank you for asking this question Pharoh. I have Rhuematoid and Osteo Arthritis, and am 66 years old. I have recently joined a fitness center and took Hatha Yoga, which was great, then I tried Vinyasa Yoga…ugh I could barely move for two days afterwards, but will not give up on it, maybe just be a little more gentle (tried to keep up with the regulars). I have found that walking is not painful for me. I do plan to try water aerobics, but dread putting on that swimming suit!

2GIO 8 years ago

Hi pharaoh2405. I totally understand your problem about exercising as I’m 52yrs old and a 20yr veteran of rheumatoid arthritis. I’ve tried all types of exercises and the best thing that I’ve found is water aerobics. It was actually suggested by rheumatologist as there’s no stress on the joints and you don’t need to know how to swim. I’m in Orlando, FL you might want to check where you live to see if there’s any classes near by. You will not only lose weight but also tone up and increase your range of motion. Good Luck

pharaoh2405 9 years ago

Thanks so much Ossie Sharon for your feedback and speedy response. I feel great and now inspired! 🙂

Ossie-Sharon 9 years ago

Hhi, pharaoh2405, and welcome! Yes, you can lose weight here even with mild activity – in fact lifting even light weights and doing yoga and pilates for your belly can be powerful allies, even without causing pain or tiring you out.

pharaoh2405 9 years ago

Hi there. I have just joined after losing 7.5kg on Optifast. Whilst I lost the weight on Optifast I felt absolutely miserable! My first day with trim down today and my mood has improved dramatically and I am not tired yay! My question is I am 43 and absolutely have the mental motivation but my knees are very bad at the moment due to long term arthritis so I am terribly limited with exercise. I am 165cm and weigh 76kg, but Optifast did not change my mindset which is why I have joined trim down. I need to lose another 8 to 10kg, is it possible to lose weight without high intensity exercise?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.