Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Great recipe! It is a little small for a whole breakfast, but you can always add some toast and spread, etc. It would also make a great snack. If it is your original recipe and if you want, you can submit it for incorporation into the program (click on “Recipes” above, and see to the side the place to submit).

pegster 11 years ago

I found recipe, along with several other flavors, on Pinterest.com today. I am wondering if this type of recipe will fit into our breakfast menu?

Apple Cinnamon Refrigerator Oatmeal
This easy, no-cook “summer porridge” has make-ahead convenience and is packed with nutrition to get your day off to a healthy start. Make it in individual one-cup mason jars for a perfect serving size and an easy grab-and-go breakfast straight from the fridge (it’s eaten cold). Take it along to work or anywhere. Great to serve on a breakfast or brunch buffet. High in protein, calcium & fiber; low in fat & sugar.

Ingredients

1/4 cup uncooked old fashioned rolled oats
1/3 cup skim milk
1/4 cup low-fat Greek yogurt
1-1/2 teaspoons dried chia seeds
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon honey, optional
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce, or enough to fill jar

Directions
In a half pint (1 cup) canning jar, add oats, milk, yogurt, chia seeds, cinnamon and honey. Put lid on jar and shake until well combined. Remove lid, add applesauce and stir until mixed throughout. Return lid to jar and refrigerate overnight or up to 2 days. Eat chilled.

Nutritional Info: 210 calories, 4g fat, 48g carbs, 8g fiber, 11g protein; Weight Watchers PtsPlus: 7

Thanks, Patty! I’m happy to help 🙂

PattyBowker 11 years ago

Thanks Ossie for the info. BTW, I just love seeing your smiling face on the posts.

Yes – 1 cup is reasonable. If you choose the recipe as you go through the Menu Planner application, in most cases the recommended portion size will appear in the final menu.

PattyBowker 11 years ago

I make a batch of breakfast (cereal) with cooked Amaranth, Millet, Quinoa & Barley (sometimes I add steel cut oatmeal). The question I have is how much of this concoction can I use as my breakfast? I am assuming 1 cup or less. BTW I make each of the grains separately then combine them as they cool. Sometimes I will use some Almond Milk as exchange for some of the water which gives another layer of terrific flavor.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.