Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
apensa 11 years ago

Thanks, Ossie. I’ll head on over there and check it out.

apensa 11 years ago

Well, I tried to go to the dietitian section but it showed it as not being active. I notice that Ossie has indicated there is a message for me in the Newbies area, so I will go over there and check it out.

Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Hi, Apensa. Since most of your posts have thus far been in the Newbies2013 forum, I posted responses there. Hope they help. Looks like you’re getting the hang of it…

emmafroud 11 years ago

Hi did you contact the dietician about your lunch dilemma?

apensa 11 years ago

VC, I know if you follow this religiously, you will lose what you want to lose. It takes some real dedication though as far as I can see. Take a look at some of the menus, do the quick start to begin, go through the foods you like…..you will probably find a lot that you do not recognize. Just remember, it takes a very strong committment to stick to their recomendations.

VC64 11 years ago

Hi apensa… I just joined a few minutes ago. I’m 64, and very large. Need to lose weight so my body can feel good again. I too feel the money for this program is a drop in the bucket. If they provide good, sound eating advice, then we can follow it and get healthier, right?

apensa 11 years ago

Don’t worry about putting it any certain way…..I’m getting friggin old…LOL. Too bad our minds don’t age along with our bodies. It’s hell to have such well developed “love handles” and no one that wants to grab them.

emmafroud 11 years ago

How do I put this? it could be your metabolism slowing down as you get older it would be an idea to contact the dietician online and get some advice from them. sorry I cant give you a better answer

emmafroud 11 years ago

honestly I don’t know, I will ask my husband (he used to be a power lifter) all I know is this thing works in some way because ive lost 5lb for the first time since having my son I weigh 13st. I will get back to you about your lunch dilemma

apensa 11 years ago

That is the part that doesn’t make sense to me. If I am not eating enough, why don’t I feel hungry when lunchtime rolls around? Is it because my body has stored up so much fat that it is feeding off of that. If that were the case, would’t I loose the fat? I know I am missing something here.

emmafroud 11 years ago

well I don’t think you need me to tell you your not eating enough start small and add lunch, one thing at a time don’t worry about the exercise

apensa 11 years ago

Basically my eating habits are not that bad except that I don’t eat. I’ll have a bowl of Cheerios with 2% milk, a cup of coffee (black)….maybe two, and sometimes a banana. Unless my wife reminds me, I don’t even think about lunch. Dinner is usually some lean meat, vegitables and maybe a glass of wine. I can’t get into the habit of eating throughout the day. Of course the other problem is no exercise except for my puttering around the house and doing my woodworking.

emmafroud 11 years ago

hell no, you should not feel guilty if you cant celebrate with your family then something has gone wrong. I don’t diet over xmas or my birthday and we will be going to our favourite restaurant for valentines day, the important thing is that your eating is good most of the time

apensa 11 years ago

My 71st birthday was about a month ago and this is the first time I have been able to see my daughter since then. As I said earlier they visited this weekend. Sooooooo to add to all the other stuff that I have had to take part of this weekend, you can add Italian Rum birthday cake. Then today we took the grandkids out for bowling…..guess who had a special going……Jack In The Box…..There went a cheesburger, curly fries and a diet coke…..LOL…..should I feel guilty?????

apensa 11 years ago

Yes. I have always planned to do that, but what always happens is that some social event takes place and that blows everything. I try and limit myself though when I have to go out and “be among them”.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.