Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
nailart 11 years ago

I myself am in a wheelchair lots of the time and very limited with mobility otherwise. I went into the thing of not eating enough for a long time, and I think my body is basically in starvation mode now – which means storing everything I put into it. I was amazed when I saw the menu plan for this diet – it seemed like way too much to eat! But I am finding – after only four days – that I have more energy and feel better. The portions are proving a good size for me afterall. I know it is going to take time to kick start my metabolism so patience is the key for me here. Any form of gentle movement is good, even just gently swinging the arms “marching style” whilst sitting down gets the heart rate up – if your neck/shoulders can cope with it. Start with 1 minute at a time, then build up slowly. Try it once a day even to start with, then slowly increase. You will know what you can do and what is too much. The important thing is trying to get the heart rate up for at least 20 minutes each day – which is something I struggle with also. Even sitting and tapping you feet is better than sitting completely still. Whatever small repetitive movements you can mange. Good luck.

bphysical 11 years ago

As a certified fitness and nutrition consultant it’s very important to eat several small meals a day even if it’s some piece of fruit or veggie for a snack, a small portion of protein for your 3 main meals is a must and make sure that you keep your food intake on a low glycemic caliber. If you are uncertain of this, Google it and educate yourself for this is the proper way of eating because there are so many benefits for the mind and body to go low glycemic. Also, without fueling your body with proper nutrition, you are slowing down your metabolism to a CRAWL which is NOT good. Also, if you don’t fuel your body, you will not have the energy to do anything… remember, carbohydrates “PROVIDE ENERGY FOR THE BODY AND BRAIN”, protein “REBUILDS MUSCLE, HAIR and NAILS” and fats “PROVIDE LUBRICATION FOR THE ARTERIAL WALLS, ENERGY, PREVENTS HAIR AND NAILS FROM DRYING OUT AND PROTECTS OUR ORGANS”. BALANCED meals are essential every single day.

Without knowing why you have the skeletal issues, your doctor should be giving you some type of exercises to do daily.
I hope this has helped.

Bev

Nain 11 years ago

I can just about get around my smal flat but other than that 30 yards is the most I can walk without stopping. I have feet and ankle problems, Back and Neck. I wear a Rigid Cervical Collar and braces on my feet and ankles. Besides the skeletal problems I also suffer from Diverticulosis and vertigo all of which kee me mainly indoors but if I do go out I have to use a wheelchair. Can you loose weight with out doing excercise. The little that I do walk has me out of breath to the extent that I would not be able to have a conversation. I have a very small appetite and am not a person who wants to be eating all the time, I could survive on one to two meals a day without feeling hungry, I often have to make myself eat owing to not being hungry.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.