Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
Ossie-Sharon 5 years ago

Hi, Readymom. Those products contain overly process ingredients that are likely to work against your goals here. The calories are less of an issue than the isolated fructose and hydrogenated fat. You can use nut bars as snacks, but we encourage you to try ones that are made from whole foods types of ingredients. Look for ingredients lists that contain items that are easy to understand – the following are examples from Pure Bar:
*Dates, *Cashews Butter, *Semisweet Chocolate (*Chocolate, *Cane Sugar, *Cocoa Butter), *Cocoa, *Almonds, *Walnuts, *Sea Salt.
*Organic
and Lara Bar:
PEANUTS, HONEY, ALMONDS, PUMPKIN SEEDS, CACAO NIBS*, COCONUT OIL, MAPLE SUGAR, COCOA POWDER*, SEA SALT

Readymom 5 years ago

Is it ok to eatkellogs nut bars? They are150 calories. Can I use them for a smack

Ossie-Sharon 7 years ago

Hi, Sherry. It depends on how many exchanges you are allotted for that nutrient food group (carbohydrates). Each ounce (28-gram) slice of bread is 1 carbohydrate exchange, and you can see how many exchanges you have at each meal and day by clicking on “Exchange mode” in the toolbar above your menu. Another important factor is the composition of the bread – make sure it is 100% whole grain or wholemeal, without excessive added sugar or hydrogenated fats.

sherry.mcgahey@hotmail.ca 7 years ago

I just started this club…..and I’m wondering how many slices of rye bread is too much for a day…..today I had two slices of toast for breakfast….then had a tomato sandwich for lunch with two slices of rye bread….bread is my down fall as you can see…..pls inform me soon….thankyou

Ossie-Sharon 7 years ago

Hi, Ossie11. Yes, it is definitely OK if it is whole grain (rye is a grain).

Ossie11 7 years ago

Hi O/S , I have been baking sourdough Rye bread , it’s not in my menu planner ! Why ? and is it ok to replace when bread is called for ? In other words is it ok to eat ?
Regards Ossie

Ossie-Sharon 7 years ago

Hi, hwyla. Yes to all 🙂

hwyla 7 years ago

Am I correct in assuming that any sprouted grain is a whole grain? It doesn’t seem as if it could sprout if it wasn’t. I do wonder if the Ezekiel brand is considered 100% whole grain though since it has Organic Wheat Gluten listed as an ingredient? It is at least way towards the end of the ingredients list.

Ossie-Sharon 7 years ago

Hi, maxxgreathead. Not necessarily – it’s better to read the ingredients list to be sure. Only gluten-free products that are whole grain will help keep glucose balance. Many of those products tend to be made with refined flours, so again, it’s important to read the labels.

maxxgreathead 7 years ago

Is wheat free bread the same as gluten free bread?Gluten free bread is easier to find but will it keep insulin and fat stores low like you say wheat free bread does?

Tweety425 10 years ago

the stores I’ve found swg bread at keep it refrigerated. It’s a good bread!

Ossie-Sharon 10 years ago

Hi, termac. Sainsbury and Whole Foods Market are both good sources.

termac 10 years ago

I am in England where do I buy the bread wraps etc

pad41260 10 years ago

spouted whole grain

Lise07 10 years ago

I just joined today and I was wondering if someone can tell me what does “SWG” mean?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.