Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Ossie-Sharon 5 years ago

Hi, MichelleLee. Thanks!!!

MichelleLee63 5 years ago

Hi Ossie-Sharon, thanks for passing this on. I see from other posts that many people want to tie their favourite recipes to their menu planner. With a free form text box they could just paste a hyperlink into the box (editing the display text to be just a few characters) and then they would have it in their menu history.

Ossie-Sharon 5 years ago

Hi, Michelle. Thanks for the great ideas! I have passed them on to our tech development team. 🙂

Hi Ossie-Sharon, As I said, I can work out the exchanges easily. I have found creating a grocery list from the menu planner is very useful, and I have also found that I keep the menu planner handy so I can just open it every time I need to prepare food (6 times a day) so I don’t need to try to remember what to prepare. Is it possible to just add a free format notes box into the menu planner (just one 40 character box for the day should be OK) and I could then add notes to remind me what menus/exchanges I want for each day. While the techie guys think about that one I will use the diet Journal (I can fill it in a week in advance with the meals I am planning and use that as a free format menu planner)
Also, one more for the techie guys/gals – sometimes the menu planner gives me a half portion (e.g. half a cup of milk), but when I use the switch meal manually option I can only select full portions. I was supposed to only have half a cup of milk at breakfast today, but because the menu planner said 1 cup of milk I completely forgot so had 0.5 protein too much. Would be good to add half portions to the drop down selection list.

Ossie-Sharon 5 years ago

Hi, MichelleLee. I honestly don’t know when the rest of the recipes will be added into the system. I think the delay is because so many clubmembers provide their own recipes, that it takes some time to review them and determine their “exchanges per serving.” In the meantime, recipes that have not yet been added into the system, you can use them to substitute for the main ingredient in your meal. You can also match up the exchanges visible at the end of each recipe and when you click on “Exchange mode” in the toolbar above your menu. It doesn’t need to be a perfect match to work.

Hi Ossie-Sharon, I generated a new menu for week 2 (last Wednesday). Today is my final day of week 2 and the only difference I noticed is that the baked crisps said 1 oz instead of 1 cup. Everything else is still in cups. We converted to metric in the UK sometime during the 1970’s I think, anyway we are all supposed to use Grams and KG now (although some of us oldies still think in pounds and ounces). Also, I have having the same problem as a number of other people have reported. Many of the menus are not selectable in the menu planner. I can easily work out the exchanges, but if I can’t add the menus I want to use into the planner then I have two problems, my weekly grocery shopping list will be incorrect (I will have to work it out manually) and I will have to write the weekly menu out on paper to remember what menus I bought ingredients for and which days I wanted to cook them on. How long does it take to add the menus into the system?

Ossie-Sharon 5 years ago

Hi, MichelleLee. The tech support team recommends generating a new set of menus to see if your location has registered and you will be hooked into the UK version of this site. A teammember mentioned that you might have added your location into your profile after your first menu set was generated.

Hi Tattsmitch, I have a set of measuring cups (1/4, 1/3, 1/2 and 1 full cup). I got them free with something about 20 years ago and just threw them in the back of the drawer (I live in the UK, so cups are not mentioned in any of my recipe books) but they have certainly come in handy now). Maybe you could find a set. https://www.procook.co.uk/product/procook-measuring-cups-4-pieces

Ossie-Sharon 5 years ago

Hi, Tattsmitch. That is true for vegetables, but if you pack more into a cup, so much the better. Heavier foods have more consistent volumes. I understand that it doesn’t make a lot of sense, but volume measurements are a global standard, since most people get upset at the idea of weighing foods. If you prefer weights, see our “translations” here: https://www.trimdownclub.com/exchanges-lists.

Tattsmitch 5 years ago

Ok but ml is fluid and vegetables are solid, I would get a lot more, let’s say bell pepper in a 240ml vessel if cut into smaller pieces. So quantity is not a set measure and volume of food can differentiate a lot.

Ossie-Sharon 5 years ago

Hi, Tattsmitch. Don’t worry about the weights – a cup is 240 ml.

Tattsmitch 5 years ago

I’ve searched the cup weight on so many of what you ask and the weights vary site to site, for example 1/2 cup of cottage cheese is is 118 grams on one site and 81 grams on another and 112 grams on another. Could you please give me only weight only and not cups. I’m finding the cup system ridiculously flawed. ??

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.