Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Ossie-Sharon 4 years ago

Hi, Souahmed. The best way to make the menu and grocery list for six is to multiply the amounts by a factor that represents everyone’s needs. If you post for me the following information for each family member I will get back to you with that factor:
Gender, age, height, weight, physical activity level

Souahmed 4 years ago

Hi, I signed up today and am hopeful to stick with it. I want my family to eat healthy as well they have agreed to join me on my quest to be healthy. Is there an easy way to make the menu and grocery list for a family of 6.

Ossie-Sharon 4 years ago

Hi, SUZYJAY, and welcome. I’m sorry to read of what happened to you – note that it is definitely not too late. Our program is all about normalizing your nutrition gradually and gently, so that you can ease into it and make it second nature. Please do take advantage of our tools (Menu Planner, 8-Week program with exercise videos), guides, recipes, and articles. Just try to do a little better each day (ignore backslides, which are a part of all successful change), and the small changes will add up without you suffering.
If you have specific questions or concerns, please do post here, and I would be happy to help however I can.

SUZYJAY 4 years ago

At 16 yrs old I heard some work colleagues (Men) talking about me and my bodily features were “oh wow look at the size of that” — I was 16 measurements 36″ x 5ft 11in and weighed 12 stone. Once I heard this comment amongst the driver at work it broke my heart and I began to diet. I am now almost 65 and am still trying to loose weight even after a gastric bypass op @ £5,500.00. We emptied our bank accounts for this because I’d hit 26 stone. The Op worked for the time being but over the 20yrs it appears that gradually my stomach was stretching even though I tried forever to keep my intake healthy and low. I started your weight loss program and lost 22lbs in the first 3 weeks. I was so excited but that was it. I am still continuing with the foods on my menu builder because I’ve never enjoyed food so much. I feel really good not eating red meat and using flavoured oils and eating lots of green leaf salads. The luxury of eating the best of the season fruits is a new treat too. But why am I not losing weight ….. I’m back to 21 stone and I certainly don’t want to get back to 26 stone again. I’m quite afraid because I’ve had a triple by-bass heart op., have osteoporosis and arthritis which make it uncomfortable on movement. I’m not expecting miracles but has anyone any advice for me before I’m too old.

CindySearl 5 years ago

Don’t eat in between meals. Don’t give up. Never.

Ossie-Sharon 5 years ago

Hi, spesta. A combination of those is considered ideal. Start with a cardio pace or weight that is comfortable for you

spesta 5 years ago

As a new user to this and coming from a place of not exercising for a long time, what is considered an ideal exercise plan? How many times per week? Cardio v. light weights or a class incorporating weight resistance. With the goal of 15 lbs to lose. What is a reasonable time expectation to achieve my goal?

Ossie-Sharon 5 years ago

Hi, DN247. Organifi products are great.

DN247 5 years ago

Thanks
What do you think of the Organifi Green Juice? I just received an email about it. Do you believe it does all those tricks to your body (speed up metabolism, help with sleeping, gives you energy, lose weight, skin hair etc…)?

Ossie-Sharon 5 years ago

Hi, DN247. You don’t need to go to the gym to work out, or even leave the house – though a 30-minute walk twice a week is a great start. You can exercise in your own home, and it doesn’t have to be large chunks of time. Simple aerobic movements, like walking in place, or resistance activities, like step-up/step-downs (or yoga) for 5-10 minutes at a time a few times a day can be a big help. I would suggest to try doing something like that each time you feel the urge to eat for comfort – perhaps activity can help manage stress, and even improve your sleep. The substitution may be awkward at first, but see if you can build up towards it. It really can make a difference in many ways.

DN247 5 years ago

Hi, yes it would be great as my aim is to lose about a stone…and asap..as you might expected 🙂
Unfortunately my lifestyle is rather inactive, have no chance going to the gym (children and more than a full time job), driving everywhere, might get 2X30 minutes walk a week…I also love my food and comfort eating as indicated previously. The usual stuff you probably hear day by day.
I read about sleep deprivation makes you put on weight…well I can definitely vouch for that! I have started my new menu plan and sticking to it as much as I can.
Any advice would be much appreciated!! Thanks

Ossie-Sharon 5 years ago

Hi, DN247. Results vary quite widely, and depend on your past history of dieting, current physical condition, and activity level other than exercise. Under ideal circumstances, perhaps 2-4 lbs per month.
Is there a specific reason you ask about forgoing exercise? If so, I would be happy to work with you toward a solution, as exercise is important not just for the number on the scale, but for general health – as well as the percentage of fat vs. lean tissue in your body.

DN247 5 years ago

I’m wondering how many pounds can I lose with this menu weekly without exercise?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.