Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Ossie-Sharon 5 years ago

Hi, gramsgems. That’s the way to do it! Don’t worry about expensive ingredients – just use whole foods and avoid overly processed ones with artificial ingredients, and you’ll be fine.

gramsgems 5 years ago

First day on menu plan. I really like having the no starve menu. Being retired I have budget food for this month but study menu and using guidelines best I can.

Ossie-Sharon 5 years ago

Hi, DGOINS. Those are excellent choices, as is physical activity. Hopefully your healthcare provider gave you some tips regarding exercise for recovery. If not, and you would like more guidance with it, please do repost here, and I would be happy to help.

DGOINS 5 years ago

I have had 3 known strokes (two in the last 3 months) but I am relatively healthy otherwise. My problem is weight gain from what I believe is stress from recovering from the damage it does to the body or brain. I have been fortunate to get more insight into the causes so I hope these recipes incorporate internal inflammation to override my medical condition so I can eliminate any more attacks. Other than water should I drink green and chamomile teas to calm my internal systems?

azpeg1958 5 years ago

So excited to get started on this. I’ve purchased and joined many of the weight loss plans but I feel this gives us all more bang for the buck. The menu is sooooooo doable. I don’t like nor can really eat fruit and I can still enjoy raisins, so I’ve opted for them. I also found that eating baby food fruit, isn’t too bad. It actually goes down. So thank you from a over weight person whose tried it all and is now single and 60, Pegs gotta get her groove back.

Ossie-Sharon 6 years ago

Hi, Sue, and thanks for the background. Please do repost if it doesn’t.

suemills3 6 years ago

I try to walk for 30 minutes Every day if weather allows and since starting the plan I have been doing one of your exercise packages most days. I think that as I am 72 years old this is probably enough exercise. also before I was on quite a low calorie intake so hopefully the weight will start to come of soon.

Ossie-Sharon 6 years ago

Hi, Sue. Are you physically active? Were you doing any dieting before joining this program?
If you have been on a restrictive diet in the past, your metabolism may have slowed and it may take several weeks for your body to get used to normal amounts of food again.
Another common cause of lack of weight loss or weight gain is an imbalance in thyroid function. For this, we recommend getting tested and followed by your healthcare provider. If you are receiving medication, be sure the dose matches your need.
The most reliable (and healthiest) way to give your body a boost here is through physical activity. This is not just because of the extra energy it burns, but also because it protects and strengthens your most important fat-burning asset, muscle tissue.
If you are new to exercise, please let us know, and we can assist you with resources on getting started if you wish—note that you don’t have to dive headfirst into anything strenuous, and that there are helpful exercises to fit all ability levels and time schedules. Even just walking in place in front of the TV for the length of a sitcom is great—if you feel like you’re “out of shape,” just start with 5 minutes each time, and work your way up to 30 minutes, then twice per day if you need.
If you recently started exercising, the number on the scale may not be reliable at this stage. Since you are now swapping fat for muscle, which is much heavier, you may be getting healthier while the number of pounds or kilos stays the same. In this case, pay more attention to how you’re looking and feeling, how your clothes are fitting, etc. Y
If you have been exercising all along, the muscles you usually use may have become complacent and don’t burn energy the way they did at the beginning. In this case, we suggest to introduce new exercises, even swapping them out for the old ones for a little while, to wake up new muscles. The best results have been reported with introducing weight training—again, it doesn’t have to be super strenuous, just something you can do on a regular basis. Even just lifting filled food cans in front of the TV counts. Another option is to mix up the rhythm by adding bursts of higher intensity movement to a steady aerobic regime. This can be something like 30 seconds of jogging or going uphill every 5 minutes during a regular walk.
Regardless of your situation, it is recommended to you discuss your plans with your health care provider to be sure any needed safety steps are taken.
If you have additional questions or concerns, or if none of these scenarios appear to apply to you,please do repost, and we will work with you to right-size both aspects of your plan.

suemills3 6 years ago

been on plan for 10 days now but haven’t lost any weight. Thought I would have lost of at least a couple of pound by now, especially as I am not eating anywhere near the full amount of food on the menus, although I am still having 3 very good meals a day together with 1 evening snack and a good balance of different foods. I’m getting a little disheartened, anybody got any ideas.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.