Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Sonya, from what you are describing, it sounds as though your body is reacting to being well-nourished after a period of being undernourished (is, it is not only possible, but very common for overweight and weight gain to go hand-in-hand with undernutrition) – so you are having a reaction similar to post-crash-diet rebound. It will pass in time, but is annoying and takes a bit of patience. If you are post-menopausal, the absolute best medicine (even more than for men and premenopausal women) is exercise. The Trim Down Club guide provides ideas of different types of exercise (including plenty you can do in front of the TV, if you wish), and of course, walking is always a great idea. Also, stay well-hydrated, including getting an early start with drinking cool water duringthemorning hours. It also goes without saying that if you feel you are getting too full while following the Trim Down Club menu plan, you can reduce portion sizes, especially of carbohydrates and fats (keep the fruits, vegetables, and high-quality proteins). It is always sensible to listen to your body and get to known how much it needs, and not go over or under.

Sonya 11 years ago

I just started this program too. It is my first time to do some mindful eating. I have always been thin. I am now 51 years old and gaining weight. I gave up my favorite thing – Coca Cola. I drank more than six cans a day. I am now drinking low fat milk and water only. I eat antibiotic free, organic, lean meats – chicken and sirloin only…no more of the bacon I love so much. I don’t have any fast foods. Eat fruit when I want something sweet – apples, orange, and bananas. Eating small portions and snacking on nuts and berries. My bread is whole grain and I am avoiding the five foods. I HAVE GAINED 5 POUNDS. Please help!

Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

To the writer of the first comment, thanks for your input, we will do what we can to help. Is this your first time on a diet? If not, when was the previous time you dieted to lose weight, and what type of plan was it?

jilbs 11 years ago

I think you should only eat when your about to do somthing that burns it off,not eat then watch tv let it sink in then eat more then excercise.

happylivinggirl 11 years ago

Hey-
I just finished looking @ my most recent comprehensive blood work results. I’m 52 yrs old, I love to walk (in season) and I love to jump on my rebounder, I also teach the Dragon’s Way Program which involves Wu Ming Meridian Therapy Qigong. I sleep on 28 lbs of pure amethyst on my Bio Mat (for deeper relaxation and rest)My plan involves this eating plan, as I just finished having the Alcat testing done to reveal how my body processes different foods. The recipe book alone was worth the $47 .

jilbs 11 years ago

what are you doing during the day to wrok the calories off.

tnickel 11 years ago

I joined this because my portions, I thought, were too much making me put on weight but after seeing how much Im suppose to eat on this meal plan, I was wrong! When you add up all the calories – it goes way above what I should be eating. 1 week on this plan and I have gained another 2 pounds. I will try for another week but then forget it. Does anyone have any suggestions???

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.