Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Not finishing everything at the meal will not necessarily cause problems in your dieting efforts, but the following tips are important:
1. Don’t eat too little – this will backfire later
2. Don’t save up your early meals and then eat heavily at night, unless that is when you workout or work.
3. Be sure to get a good amount of protein, especially in the morning
4. Be sure to get at least 5 servings of fruits+vegetables each day.

susan1801 11 years ago

Does it alter the effect of the diet if I don’t eat everything at
every meal?

TrimDownClub 11 years ago

Karen, what you don’t finish in the morning at home, pack up and take with you to work. It is very important that you never feel too hungry.

Roxxii 11 years ago

That’s exactly how I felt for the first couple of days! How on earth was I going to get through it all? But I realised that I’d got into the habit of not eating enough, and soon began to appreciate the variety once the difference in my energy levels became apparent. With the various ingredients, it is an enjoyable challenge to create ‘recipes’ with them – a bit like “Ready, Steady, Cook”!! I divide breakfast into two separate courses, and don’t try to eat it all at once. How about separating out the yoghurt, ground walnuts and plums, and making a ‘dessert’ out of them? The initial set-up involved extra shopping trips and $$ but now that I’ve got a fridge-full of suitable food and prepared supplies, it has streamlined the process. I’m sticking with it – I’m sure there will be considerable rewards.

Karen 11 years ago

I’m with you! This is a ton of food! I have one meal that has granola and yogurt, walnuts, cream cheese, vegetables, and plums. What the heck am I supposed to do with the cream cheese? Eat it off a spoon? Haha!
I think my biggest problem is I don’t eat enough…but how on earth am I supposed to consume all this food? Even if I was hungry for it…I don’t have the time to do it! I try to picture us back in cave man day…i suppose this is how they lived…constantly scavenging for greens and berries? After all, they didn’t have to be at work!

aimee1127 11 years ago

Roxxii – I wish there was a “like” button on this site! Congrats,it sounds like you are on the right path! Please keep me posted on your progress as you are a couple days ahead of me!

Roxxii 11 years ago

I would also like to read some success stories, to inspire and keep me focused. This is Day 5 of my programme, and I am really enjoying the variety of tasty and attractive food I’ve been eating. In that short time the graph has begun to take a definite downward turn, and in a few weeks I hope to be writing a success story of my own.

aimee1127 11 years ago

Thank you for trying to get some stories, I would LOVE to hear them!

I workout most mornings, I jog any where from 1-2 miles, I also do weight circuits. I try to work out at least 4 times per week. So I am active. I change up my routine every day.

Aimee, by the way, what is your physical activity level? Are you getting some sort of exercise (even if not planned)? This can make a big difference in how you feel when you eat.

Hi, Aimee. There are various stories peppered throughout the forums. We get additional feedback through the helpdesk – I am checking into whether we can share those (privacy issues, etc.).
We would be happy if you could post how you are doing here so others can see.

aimee1127 11 years ago

For the life of me, I can’t wrap my head around all this. I’m sitting here so full and I haven’t even eaten all my food. I know its all about the combination of foods, but for the life of me, I can’t see how I will lose weight being this full! And I can’t get anyone to reply to me about success stories…what did I get myself into???

Hi, tcp2ip. Yes, of course you can make up an easier menu. When you access the Menu Planner application, do be sure to choose foods that tend to be less expensive. As long as the food is unprocessed/organic, low-fat, low-sugar etc, it will fit in with the principles of the program. Unless you are gluten-intolerant, try substituting with whole wheat flour in the recipes (it is simpler than the other way around). If you have any other questions about substituting less expensive ingredients, feel free to as here – it helps everyone.

aimee1127 11 years ago

Hi Ossie! Thank you so much for all your knowledge, your posts are extremely helpful! Can you give me some success stories or tell me where to find those? I’d like to hear from real people about how successful this plan is.

Thank you!

Hi, Howard. It is good to read that you think it is too much food – hopefully that means you are not hungry on the plan.
If the numbers of individual foods are too much, then do feel free to combine similar food groups into single items, which I think you had in mind – for example, instead of yogurt and cheese, pick either yogurt or cheese and have a somewhat larger portion, and instead of beans and meat, a little more of one or the other. Do be sure you get in at least 5 total servings of fruits and vegetables and 3 servings of dairy or a calcium/D-rich substitute each day.

tcp2ip 11 years ago

I feel the same way, and my grocery bill is off the chart!! I’ve spent $120 in 3 days trying to get everything I need. Is there easier menus available and foods that are available at my local grocery store? I cant find brown rice flour, almond flour and a few other items needed for some of the recipes. I feel like this diet will work however, I’m not sure I can afford to keep it up

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.