Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Ossie-Sharon 3 years ago

Hi, Karlic1958. We of course recommend water, still or carbonated, plain or flavored with cut up fruit peels (just steep like tea). We also recommend teas and coffee – just be wise about what you add to it, avoiding artificial creamers and sweeteners. If you like soda, we recommend you make your own rather than relying on readymade products with excessive sugar or artificial sweeteners that can work against your goals here; just dress up plain soda water with natural flavor extracts (yes, “cola” is available!) or citrus peels and a natural no-carb sweetener (such as Stevia, monk fruit, and/or erythritol). You can get ideas from this article here: https://www.trimdownclub.com/how-to-make-detox-water. Other beverages, such as fresh-squeezed juices and milks, are considered foods.
Regarding your schedule, you can simply start eating when you rise for your work day, then finish eating when you get home (do try to finish before you retire for your biggest sleep period). If you don’t want to eat breakfast foods in the afternoon/evening, you can swap the meals as you wish. If you’re too tired to prepare meals when you return from your shift, try making meal portions ahead of time (when your schedule allows) then refrigerating or freezing them for later reheating and use.

Karlic1958 3 years ago

Why is there no list of things u can drink anywhere?
And i work overnights 8hr and 12 hr shifts but im off a couple nights i never know when to eat
My energy level is zero and i just want to sleep when im home
Any help out there

Ossie-Sharon 3 years ago

Hi, Newmem2021. If it is because the taste is boring, note that you can dress it up by steeping it with “bruised” fruit, herbs, or squeezes of lemon or lime – you can get ideas here: https://www.trimdownclub.com/how-to-make-detox-water. Also, tea and coffee partially count, especially if you don’t use sugar in them (a natural no-carb sweetener like Stevia or erythritol is fine). If there is another reason, you can repost, and I’ll see if I can help you troubleshoot.

Newmem2021 3 years ago

I cant make myself drink enough water lol

Ossie-Sharon 3 years ago

Hi, twonurses2. No, your amount is just fine. I was providing the minimum amount.

twonurses2 3 years ago

9-8 oz of water does not sound like enough water I drink 2.5 liters of water a day is that to much?

Ossie-Sharon 3 years ago

Hi, AjGervasini. You need about 9 8-ounce cups of water each day – more if you have a fever or sweat a lot, of course. During summer, you should have an extra cup of water each 2 hours you are in the heat. While you are working out, you should have an extra cup of water for each half an hour.
We recommend having dinner not too long after you return home. As long as you finish eating at least an hour before you retire for the night, you’ll do fine.

AjGervasini 3 years ago

how much water do I need per day and i work late so what time do I eat my dinner

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.