Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Ossie-Sharon 3 years ago

Hi, Hrtofgold1999. It looks like you may be better served by the personal version of the Menu Planner application. With that tool, you can select the foods (and preparation methods) to go into your menus. To take advantage of this, just click on the edit tool (pencil icon) at the upper right of each meal header, then make food choices from the searchable master food list to match the pattern offered, which has been calculated to meet your basic nutritional needs for weight loss.
If you have a regular dialysis schedule, it is likely to be three days per week, correct? That leaves you four days per week that you can exercise as you would prefer. On dialysis days, I highly recommend doing gentle yoga – we offer a video clip for guidance in our 8-Week Plan (accessible through the “Tools” link in the toolbar near the top of each site page) toward the end of the page for Week 7. This will get your energy up and preserve healthy muscle and keep fat burning, without wiping you out more. Note that other exercise video clips are featured toward the ends of the pages for Weeks 1, 3, and 5 – for your “off” days.
In terms of what to eat on those days, I highly recommend cooking extra on good days and preportioning and refrigerating or freezing meals for later reheating. You may also be well-served by ordering healthy premade dinners – they may not be perfect, but they will be better than fast food. You can check out this list here (https://www.cnet.com/health/the-best-healthy-meal-delivery-service-for-2020-blue-apron-sun-basket-purple-carrot-more/) for links to companies that delivery to your home.

Hrtofgold1999 3 years ago

I am a dialysis patient and I have liquid restrictions and also food restrictions, such as dairy on 2% a day, liquid to 38 ounces a day. I can have potatoes however only a little and its same for ALL starchy foods.. on dialysis days I cannot cook for myself and my husband will not cook what I need, so I may end up fast food. Also, on dialysis days i am there ALL afternoon and when I’m done with that I’m so wiped out i cannot exercise. What do I do on those days?? And also my diet restrictions, have to watch dairy, liquid, starchy foods,foods with alot of potassium and so forth. I need a program tailored to this. PLEASE HELP.. TY
Sherri @ Hrtofgold1999@aol.com

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.