Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Swamprat 11 years ago

Thank you for the quick reply,my thought in continuing with the juice is to replace retail juice I.E V8 and concentrates of which I was drinking allot.Most of the fine pulp is still in the drink, “it separates quickly in the glass”.
So I should not remove the fruit in the snacks ?

I’ve started basic exercise about a month ago, push-ups, sit-ups and squats, at first two times a week and now three times a week. Boy I couldn’t believe how out of shape I was!

Like most everyone time is always a factor, I can do calisthenics at home before I start my day. After a twelve hour day, “6am to 6pm” when I get home I just want to decompress,”helps greatly with removing the stress factor”.

Fortunately I’m only eighteen pounds over weight so some weight gain to bring my body back in balance will not be detrimental to me physically or mentally.

Water is in my day to day, about eight cups daily and I’m assuming that this should continue and not be substituted jy the juice.

I guess in a nut shell is how do I incorporate a few glasses a day into my diet? After all you can’t get a better replacement for store bought drinks.

Thanks again for the quick reply

Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Hi, SwampRat. Your substitutions of fruits and vegetables with juicing is great, but it would be best if you found a way to somehow eat the pulp, as most of the fiber is in there.
As for the fasting part, it is not something we recommend – be on the look out for rebound weight gain. I would suggest to ease into your Trim Down Club food diet already, and gradually add in exercise to bring your metabolism back up to speed.

Swamprat 11 years ago

I guess this question is to Ossie. I’m currently on a ten day juice fast ,”on day seven”. Yes I’m aware of the lack of protein but this is only a ten day and as they say at the various websites I’m,rebooting my system as up until now fruits and veggies were more afterthoughts in meals and snacking, so getting ramped up with the vitamins, minerals and enzymes was long overdue not to mention that my skin has cleared up, I’m not coughing my brains out each morning and my intake has decreased,”I would drink one liter at a sitting and now I can only finish a half”. This will help right out of the gate with my daily meals as we Yanks are accustomed to HUGE portions. I wish to continue with juicing but I’m trying to figure out how to incorporate it into my daily routine. I know that there is no penalty to additional vegetables but most drinks include fruits as well. So here is my thought:
Breakfast based on the planer, snack1; Juice drink with snack minus the fruit if the planer includes fruit. Lunch based on the planer, snack2 drink with the same premise of not including the fruit then the same for snack3.

Thoughts ?

Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Yes, of course you can cook them – whatever makes you eat the most vegetables! 🙂

Doryssb 11 years ago

Hi there,
I would like to know if it is okay to cook the vegetables that are listed in the menu plan or are they supposed to be eaten raw?
Tonight’s dinner was amaranth, carrots, kale and chicken. So I seasoned and baked the chicken, while simmering the carrots and kale in a mixture of chicken broth and water. Cooked the amaranth seperately, so it wouldn’t suck up all the liquid the vegetables where in. Then when all were done diced the chicken and added it to the vegetables and poured over the base of amaranth to make a soup type mixture.
Was is alright to do that or am I supposed to be eating the carrots and kale raw?
Thank you and sorry I ramble…
Dory

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.