Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
Deborahjjhayes 9 years ago

How do we find everyone’s bogs so we can follow them ? How does anybody else find us?

I got my blog set up !!! So we’ll see what happens!!

Thank you Chatterbug, you’re a sweetie!

chatter8ug 9 years ago

It is good to be reminded that I am not the only one that is struggling. It is so easy to pout and say Why me??? Obviously, we all have personal issues to deal with.

You give me hope and strength wonderful lady! Keep keeping on!

Yes m’am !!! and Thank you!! Feeling better every day!!! I WILL NOT give up!!! I am going to do this, if it takes every breathe from from my struggling body!!! 😛

esolaro 9 years ago

Oh my goodness, Deborah, you are one tough lady. You will prevail!

Just made my second “go for it” change. I moved all my huge cooking utensils by the stove so I can’t put them in my mouth to taste while cooking!!haha

Deborahjjhayes 10 years ago

I just made my first “go for it ” change!! I moved the olive oil drizzle bottle to another place on the counter… So ow when I reach for it without thinking I will instead grab the can of coconut spray.

Only17 10 years ago

I’m so proud of you Deb. You are strong and you have what it takes to succeed.

Let’s go for it !!! 😛

Twelve years ago I had gastric bypass and lost 105 lbs. I kept it off until two years ago. I have just come through the roughest two years of my life. I ad six close family members die that will no longer be at my Christmas table. My best childhood friend died with a pulmonary aneurism. Two months later my son-in-law was murdered.(something you never would suspect in a “normal” Christian family)Three weeks later my precious Mom died, leaving me devastated.I lost Three more I won’t go into in the next few months.I gained 60 pounds eating junk food and eating in hospital cafeterias. A month after the last death, I fell getting out of my swimming pool and did the splits and fractured my pelvis and tore the lining of the hip joint in two places.They put me on crutches non-weight-bearing for 7 months.
In October of 2014, I joined TDC and started the group Successful Beginnings and support… I was at my wits end. I needed encouragement. I got it. I lost 36 pounds promptly. In November I fell again making the bed and broke my other knee and tore every tendon in the front and back. Knee replacement followed. I gained 15 pounds not being able to cook TDC and lying in bed recovering. In January I went to the surgeon who then told me I was going to also have to have hip replacement. Talk about discouragement.I gained another 15 pounds. But my friends, and my husband, in SBS got me through it. I am now going to Water Physical Therapy and have lost 13 pounds !!! Yeehaw!! I was also diagnosed with Fibromyalgia during this time. However…I WILL not ever give in, go back, or give up. My challenge is to be healthy and happy and strong. I am gaining strength every day… I truly do not know what I would have done without the hope that TDC offers and the encouragement of the group Successful Beginnings and Support. Let’s go for it!!

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.