Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Ossie-Sharon 8 years ago

Hi, Tracey44. Just to clarify about the foods to avoid, the video discussed artificial or overprocessed versions of popular foods that should be healthy, but have been manipulated into being particularly harmful to your goals. Rather than giving up on them altogether, we encourage better versions in their original, natural forms. For example, regular “whole wheat” or “wholemeala” bread often also contains refined flours, so it is preferred to select “100% whole” grain or meal products (wheat or other). Even with these products, be sure to read the label and avoid hydrogenated fats or similar ingredients such as mono- and diglycerides. Note that the foods discussed in the video are only examples, and many other popular foods have been similarly affected—so it’s good to read labels, be aware of how a food is made, and choose whole foods as much as possible.
With regard to the issue of hypothyroid, yes, quite a few people struggle with this. Hopefully your prescribing healthcare provider is following your blood levels of thyroid hormones, as normal levels are key to healthy weight management. Note also that if you have been exercising intensely for the past 4 weeks, it is possible that you are trading fat for muscle, which is healthier but heavier – so the number on the scale is less reliable an indicator of your progress than is how you are looking and feeling and how your clothes are fitting. Eventually, the scale will catch up.
Regarding the foods, we are not an American-based company, but rather selected from around the world and therefore less known to many. That’s part of their advantage because a lack of mass-production generally translates to being less manipulated and therefore more supportive of healthy weight management.
Take a look at our shopping guide here – https://www.trimdownclub.com/where-to-buy-uk. One of the sites, Goodness Direct, also provides great explanations of the foods, as do some of our articles here.

tracey44 8 years ago

im 44 had my last child 2014 i was diagnosed with underactive thyroid,i now take 125 mg tabs daily.ive been training for 4 weeks on treadmill but have only lost 2lb im burning 450 cals a day.is anyone else in the same boat ?i joined trimdown club last night but am very confused about what to buy to eat you said no to wholemeal bread yet you have added it to my menu for the week this is obviously an american based company most ingredients ive never heard of please help i just want to get started very very frustrated

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.