Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Ossie-Sharon 6 years ago

Hi, ourcupoftea. You would likely benefit most from using the fully personal version of the menu-building Menu Planner application, wherein you can select the foods that are best for you. There, you will be guided by our color coding system, wherein the healthiest/no-added-sugar foods are in the lightest blue shades – fortunately, the foods for candida and diabetes management overlap; for your thyroid, you can benefit by limiting goitrogens in your food (if you would like guidance here, please do let us know). You can access the version of the application by clicking on the “My Food Choices” icon in the toolbar above your menu.

ourcupoftea 6 years ago

I am having a hard time balancing Hypothyroidism, type 2 diabetes, candida, and terrible nerve pain. I can’t eat to help one without hurting the others.

Ossie-Sharon 6 years ago

Hi, Jay, and thanks for that! You are truly and inspiration, and we wish you continued success. 🙂

jayphil 6 years ago

Hi,
It has been a slow but steady battle due to my Thyroidectomy. I developed hypothyroidism, which has left my metabolism at a slow crawl. I never had a weight problem before and gained near 100 lbs over a period of years. I tried everything, but nothing worked. I never gave up hope. Then I joined the trim down club in June of 2017. I gradually learned how to put together the right combination of foods that work for my body. I eat mostly all day, many different kinds of foods, but in very small portions.
I consulted with my doctor after 7 weeks on the program and had already lost 14 lbs. My doctor was impressed with my weight loss and my cholesterol levels which had drastically improved. My doctor wants me to continue the program.
I have lost over 28 1bs and still going. It is not easy. I fell off of the wagon once but got right back on. I made a decision that this change must become a permanent part of my life if I want results. I can tell you that with hard work and determination it does work. Even with thyroid problems.

Ossie-Sharon 7 years ago

Hi, Deni236, and welcome 🙂 Hopefully you are being followed by a healthcare professional familiar with your case, s ensuring your thyroid levels are balanced (i.e., through replacement therapy/medication) is important to your general well-being and to healthy weight management. In addition, you may wish to engage in physical activity that will help both conditions, such as water aerobics.
As far as diet goes, in addition to the general supportive principles of this program, you may wish to limit intake of foods called “goitrogens,” which may negatively impact thyroid function. These foods include cruciferous and Brassica vegetables (generally dark green leafy vegetables) – it helps to steam these before eating, but still it is preferable not to eat large amounts each day.
Additional foods include soy (better to avoid in general), flax seeds (you can have chia seeds instead), and peaches and strawberries (small amounts are OK).

Deni236 7 years ago

Hi, I’ve just joined. I’ve been very fortunate never to have a weight issues in all my 53 years.
However in January I was diagnosed with under active thyroid, I have gained 3 stone since January, I also have fibromyalgoa which means I’m in pain most of the time but deal with that. It the weight gain I am struggling with accepting, can diet really get rid of the weight due to thyroid issue?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.