Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
nettienielson 11 years ago

Hi Skinnymel,

I would recommend you getting a calorie counter. Mine is Timex brand. You wear a heartrate monitor, input your weight and it tells you how many calories you burn throughout the day. If you are in tune with how many calories you are burning, you can then plan to eat 500 calories less than what you are burning in order to lose 1 lb per week. Hope that helps!

Ossie is correct, however, there ARE things you can be doing in spite of your broken foot that would help expedite the weight loss!

Best of luck to you,

Nettie

Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Hi, Skinnymel. I do need to see a full sample day you get from the Menu Planner to make a full assessment. In the meantime, the following is a patter you can follow, low in total carbs:
Breakfast: 2 starches, 2 dairy/substitute proteins, 1 fat, 1 fruit
AM Snack: 1 starch, 2 dairy/substitute proteins, 1 fruit or vegetable
Lunch: 2 starches, 2 proteins, 1 fat, 1 vegetable
PM Snack: 1 starch or sweet, 1 protein, 1 fruit or vegetable
Dinner: 2 starches, 2 proteins, 1 fat, 1-2 vegetables
Night Snack: 1 starch or sweet, 1 protein
Each starch is a slice of bread or 1/2 cup cooked/prepared grain or cereal; each dairy/substitute protein is 1 cup of milk, 6 oz of yogurt or 1 oz of cheese; each meat/substitute protein is 1 oz of meat/poultry/fish/seitan, etc.; each fat is 1 tsp oil or 1 Tbsp. salad dressing or sauce, or 2 Tbsp coconut milk; each fruit is a piece of fruit (except banana, which is half) or 1 cup of most fruits; each vegetable is a cup except for free vegetables (you will find a link to the list at the end of your menu from the Menu Planner).
Please do try to take advantage of the many options for exercise with physical limitations – it will help not only your weight, but also your mood and possibly even the injury itself. There are many posts in the Club forums about this. It is also recommended to you consult with a physical therapist at least once regarding what would be safe and beneficial for you.

skinnymel 11 years ago

Ossie, u said that if i posted my stats u would do some calculations and get back to me with answers to my questions – its been well over a week now since i posted the information u needed, and i am still waiting for a reply! and my meal planner is still giving me potato three times a day! and pasta twice on the same day! please reply and answer my queries asap as i am considering quitting as i am not losing any weight and no-one is responding to my urgent questions. thanks.

skinnymel 11 years ago

thanks Ossie, i am 5ft 2″ tall, 80kg, 59yrs old. have gained 7kg since my accident and surgery, but have been gaining steadily throughout menopause, divorce, and anti-psychotic meds, which i am have recently stopped taking! yay! feeling better already! would love yr feedback, my meal plan for this week has pasta twice in one day, the next day hash brown 4 breakfast, potato chips for lunch, then a potato n vegie bake for dinner! am confused as i have always thought that pasta n potatoes were bad food, only to be had as a treat! thanks again for yr reply, skinnymel x

Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Hi, Skinnyme. Sorry to read about your injury. However, there are exercises you can do that are non-weight-bearing, to keep up your metabolism.
1. Arm lifts with heavy objects
2. Sit-ups or “crunches” – there is quite a variety
3. Leg or even just knee lifts (front and sides)
4. Combination exercises, i.e. “bicycle” motion while laying on your back (works the legs and stomach).
As for the food, if you are concerned, you are welcome to post your gender, age, height, and weight, and I can run some calculations for you.
Until then, do NOT cut back on sources of calcium and protein, and I would recommend organic apples WITH the peel, as much as possible.

skinnymel 11 years ago

hi, i am unable to do any exercise as i broke my foot badly in september, had surgery and now have 4 screws in foot, and am on absolute non weight bearing until the screws come out in 3 months. i do not think that someone who cannot exercise should eat half as much food as my meal planner contains! can someone advise me regarding this please? very confused!
regards to all from skinnymel

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.