Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
teade 11 years ago

I live in eastern Canada . This week I ate out a few times . Took staff out for lunch at a familiar restaurant asking the waitress to
steam a fillet of haddock and serve with salad – it was great. Pizza Delight – goat cheese & cranberry salad with raspberry vinaigrette on the side . Yummy ! Not feeling denied or challenged however, if I (we) am going to do this for an extended period to meet the goal and then embrace this as a life style …well, there will probably be a donut or two . So why not factor that in and avoid any guilt which is so destructive. The further along we progress , the more resolve AND confidence as the scale descends. It is amazing just how much is out there in good alternatives. Keep sharing !

babacello 11 years ago

Thanks for your support. Just got back from a trip to “Whole Foods” to get many of the ingredients they call for in their recipes. I’ve already tried the Quinoa and LOVE it! Who knew there was a grain with protein that could replace rice and potatoes and still taste yummy. I also bought a rice steamer, but you can also steam whole meals in it. I’ve had good success with that.
Just might make it this time. With a little help from my friends. We are in this together.
Thanks for the response!

teade 11 years ago

Hello Babacello: No, you are definately not alone . Although I surmise you have more relevant causes for weight gain that I. My husband is a “munch” and loves frozen yougert that he believes is a staple , chips etc. For the past 20 years I have joined him in the snacking trend . 40 extra pounds and 60 this year time to say “no thanks”. W O W – you have lost 15 lbs. That is wonderful.CONGRATULATIONS !! Girlie-Girl we are in this together ~ I applaude your success and can’t wait until next week when YOU tell me how it is going . So many great tips, recipies and support on this site. YOU have already began the journey to changed your view point, breaking the cycle and saying bye-bye to the weight . My opinion is not to be concerned about your husband’s food choices at this time if he is not willing to join you in this journey. One bridge at a time. This is about YOU, your overall health. We have your back. Blessings.

babacello 11 years ago

I’m new here and I have two big problems. Stress eating, Dunkin’ Donuts, got me yesterday. Then my spouse refuses to change his eating habits, so there are loads of things I should not eat in the house. Sugary cereals, ice cream etc, I am being treated for depression, have been for years. I’m sure I’m not alone there, just no one likes to talk about it. OK to say your fat, but don’t add in the “D” word. For me they go hand in hand and I want very much to break that cycle. I know I need to replace it with a healthier viewpoint,but how to start ? I’ve lost over 15 pounds so far, but like so many times before, how do I learn to keep it off and not backslide? Maybe finding people with similar stories and solutions will be helpful. I’m hoping you are out there and willing to share.
Thanks for listening.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.