Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

The sweeteners recommended in this program have the better health and safety profiles. Truvia is a processed version of Stevia so it is not ideal, but still better than the entirely artificial options on the market.

JEM1 11 years ago

I truly appreciate all the responses. Actually, I guess I didn’t ask the question very good. My concern about artificial sweeteners was more for safety and health rather than how good or sweet they are. I have enough physical problems I don’t need more from problems caused by chemicals. My sister is diabetic also and uses liquid stevia. Thanks

Tracee 11 years ago

Honey is very health and has other health benefits, works as a good sweetener and can be used in cooking. Agave nectar is another good sweetener as well, and Yacon syrup.

annaleeramos 11 years ago

hello there JEM1 I know I’m not Ozzie, But I do know a thing or two about stevia. Stevia product are made from the stevia plant. My brother is diabetic and has been using it under doctors orders because it is the least harmful for him. I even carry around a stevia to go in liquid form. one squirt is like one tsp of sugar. Hope this helps. good eating. 🙂

JEM1 11 years ago

I do not want to use artificial sweeteners if I don’t have to. I use the tip of the teaspoon of real sugar just to give a hint of sweetness. I have heard of the above 3 sweeteners – what do you think of them, Ozzie? Are they safe? Thanks in advance!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.