Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

The fact that cooking fresh takes longer is the major reason processed foods are so popular. We would like to reverse some of that, but certainly don’t want anyone to feel discouraged by anything in this program.
Please do note that many of the items are not cooked or are quick-cooking. We are happy to read that you feel there is too much food at each meal – one of the major goals is to avoid hunger.
A couple of suggestions:
– Try reducing portions of fat and carbohydrate sources
– Try combining sources of the same major nutrients – for example, if you have both nuts and cheese in the same meal, double the amount of cheese and just have that as protein. But do try to keep some variety.
As for the time issue, try preparing some of the items in advance when you do have time, i.e. on the weekends, and freeze/refrigerate single portions for quick access.

Christina 11 years ago

I too bought into the program with much excitement only to be deflated by the menu prepared for me. I am a mother of 3 small boys with a traveling husband and a very busy schedule. Dinners are one thing, but I don’t have enough time to prepare breakfast/lunches/snacks of this calibur nor do I have the space in my fridge to house so many groceries. Is it possible to still eat balanced and healthy without having so many items for breakfast lunch and snacks? I fear there is no way I can even consume this much food at one setting and still feel like snacking. Thank you, Christina

Jane 11 years ago

I really get what the trim down club is on about but how are you all fitting in the time to cook all these things? Jane

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.