Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Dannimom 11 years ago

I agree that planning is the key. I always prepare what my lunch and snack will be the evening before I go to work. My weekly menu is always sitting on the kitchen counter. Put all the things you will be eating the next day together in the same space in the fridge or on the kitchen counter. I bring the menu for the morning/afternoon with me to work so I remember which foods to eat at the right time. Planning ahead is an important tool. I have also put an alarm on my phone to remind me when it is time for my snack or I would work right through it! Take a day on the weekend to go to the grocery store and make sure you get all of the food you will need for the week. I go to two different stores. One for all of my fresh produce, fruit, and meats. The other for everything else. It’s a pain, but worth it in the end. Not sure where you live, but I go to Whole Foods and Safeway. I find the easiest lunches are salads that I put together the night before. You can make a pretty filling salad from lettuce, cherry tomatoes, cucumber and a protein like turkey, chicken or tuna. Even though it’s not on the diet, I make a dressing from lemon juice and olive oil. Much better than bottled diet dressing. Sorry this is so long.

tmpetmpe11 11 years ago

Hi Frank
I totally understand the busy weeks. what I do is prepare my meals is to keep them in a cooler, so instead of going out to eat I have my meals packed. I prepare them the night before, and keep them in the fridge ready to go.

An example is prepare to half sandwich of tuna salad, bag up some celery carrots and cherry tomatoes to eat along with it. I also bag some almonds onions. and two rice cakes. This will be my lunch and afternoon snack, also remember to pack three bottles of water I have found that if I think ahead I can continue to eat on the diet.

I purchased some containers that fit in a small cooler to keep my everything dry cold and I hope this helps you, I think this diet is great have lost 12 lbs in three weeks

hikerdee 11 years ago

My trouble with weekends is there is often carry-in meals and picnics, and often all-day grazing. First of all, any suggestions sor the dish I might bring? Second, any suggestions for handling people who are not supportive of the changes I want to make. For example, some aunts are offended if I have not tried what they brought,and some people will bring me a serving when they go to the dessert table because “they know I really wanted it.”

Frank 11 years ago

Thanks everyone, those are some really great advices!
I “survived” this weekend by drinking a glass of water whenever I felt like having a snack, ha-ha.
Okay, I also ate some carrots and bananas, and regular meals of course. It wasn’t perfect, but was a lot better than last weekend. This time at least I managed to avoid nasty binge eating.

Carla 11 years ago

I think I will follow the same line of advices! The contents of my family’s fridge definitely need a big healthy “makeover”! =))

I think a good idea for weekends is also to entertain guests or go visit some friends… I tend to eat less when I’m active and sociable.

Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Along with Diane’s GREAT suggestions, other high-protein foods that are easy to nibble on and can stave off hunger include omega-3 eggs (i.e., keep a hard-boiled egg on hand in the fridge), as well as cheese and nuts. For those really dense foods (like cheese and nuts), separate out a days worth ahead of time so you don’t overdo it in a 24-hour period.

DianePearson 11 years ago

Hi Frank, Get some healthy food….vegs, fruit, cook a pot of brown rice, and beans… store in fridge or cooler(for work) and eat a cup 6 times a day…. not fancy but will do the trick… Diane

Frank 11 years ago

Hi everyone.
I have just been through a bad week. First, on workdays I’ve been very busy and didn’t have time to eat healthy foods. So, instead I ate too little, but that what I ate was mostly fast food.
Then, I was free for a weekend… and this didn’t end well. I ate better food, but – too much of it! I am guessing that my body was starved for proper meals and it just made me feel hungry all the time.

A few more busy weeks are ahead of me, so I’d welcome any advice that tells me how to make it through the weekends without binge eating…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.