Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Deborahjjhayes 10 years ago

Paul ,one of my first questions was about substitions. I it says kiwi and I have peaches. Then, I eat eaches. I think the main thing I’ve bought that helps is theSWGbread -Ezekial bread!!!!! and SWG english muffins. When It says 1 cup vegetables, I made a big pot of homemmade vegetable soup and I have a cup of that . I also made big pot of chili and I use that. It doesn’t really have to be hard. Good luck and I hope you can figure out some easy normal shortcuts.

Ossie-Sharon 10 years ago

Hi, Paul, and welcome. It won’t always be like that, honestly. It is like moving a house, and eventually the boxes will be unpacked and in place. You will have a kitchen full of staples, and then will just have to replace them – and you will already know where to find them at the store. As far as the menus go, just select foods that are easy – you don’t have to be a master chef, and you don’t perfect, just eat a little better than you did before, and gradually ease into things. Small changes and minor upgrades do add up. Also, you don’t have to eat foods with which you are uncomfortable – avocado oil is just an idea. As long as you are not eating “vegetable oil” or “corn oil,” etc., that’s fine. If you buy whole, unrefined items instead of processed foods, that is already a huge step. There is a wide variety of foods in the Menu Planner list, and a fair number of them are quite basic (nuts, seeds, fruits, vegetables, crackers, cheese), and don’t require a lot of effort, especially for snacks.

PaulMcGuire 10 years ago

I am new and my first shopping trip took two hours and I did not get everything. It seems wasteful to get something and only use 1 oz of the item.

Lunch and snacks at work seem to be predicated on having a full kitchen and unlimited time to prepare food. This is impractical.

Making the only organic, omega 3, or whole grain plus obscure items such as avocado oil or brown rice flour is a real disincentive to continue to program

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.