Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Doryssb 11 years ago

Personally, I think the scale is our enemy! The numbers shouldn’t mean so much to us. This is coming from someone who has been totally OCD about weighing.
This is an example (which I think is hilarious) about how crazy the scale can make someone…I had a friend (a friend really not myself 🙂 ) that was so obsessed with the scale that she would weigh herself every time she ate to see if she gained the same amout and the amount that she ate!!!! So if she ate 8 ounces of something she wanted to see if she gained 8 ounces. After she finally told our little group of Zumba gals that she was doing this, and heard herself say it outloud she decided she should quit it or seek therapy! 😉
Happy healthy eating everyone

Cynt 11 years ago

I use my clothes as a scale…it doesn’t discourage me! I am 3 wks on the diet now..not always on track but 90% of the time and I have dropped down a size…my clothes are fitting soooo much nicer..I feel more energized too! Love reading all the comments..very encouraging most of the time and we don’t have to leave the house!

pollyann 11 years ago

Talking of clothes fitting better. I have been ill for the past couple of weeks and have lost a few pounds in weight without starting this diet plan but my shoes do not appear to fit me at the moment I keep slipping out of them. When I have lost a little weight on other diets the same thing has happened. Think I may loose weight from the feet upwards, boy am |I going to be a parculiar shape ha ha.

VanessaNicholson 11 years ago

I know with my scales once i weigh myself, it will bring up the same weight for the second and third time without recalculating.
Its not till i register another weight and then go back and try again that it recalculates properly so that might explain the 3 in a row maybe.
From experience weighing yourself after going to the loo isnt always good, sometimes i have put on, weird huh! I think it is the scale messing with our heads lol
The best time is usually in the morning.
Vanessa

Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

When in doubt, check how you look and how your clothes fit. Weights shift a lot – that’s why it is generally best to weigh yourself only once a week.

Melody La Force 11 years ago

I went in and weighed this a.m. after a bowel movement and it said 138.lbs. I was stunned as yesterday it was 141. So I did it 3 more times and it came back the same. 138. THen i went into the living room and sat down 2 seconds and something made me go back and weigh again. This time it said 141. I did it 3 times and all three times it said 141. So which do I believe? Ugh! I went around a track fast walking yesterday 5 times. So I would think it would have helped me to drop at least a half a pound! Question is: How did the scale change in less than 3 seconds?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.