Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Among the currently available non-caloric natural sweeteners, monk fruit is the healthiest, with somewhat less of an aftertaste than Stevia.
Xylitol has no aftertaste, and none of the negative effects of sugar, but does have some calories – though just 2/3 those of sugar.

fegrrl 11 years ago

I noticed a lot of the recipes call for Stevia as the sweetener. What would be a good substitute? I really don’t like the flavor Stevia gives.

cgoode 11 years ago

Ossie, this is the question I’m trying to get answered, how much protein, carbs, vegetables & fruits should we have in a day?

Hi, Sperko. When you feel full, it is best to stop eating. You can always save the extra for between meals. The important thing is to not feel hungry (and tempted at the end of the day, when most people are least active), miss out on nutrients, or eat so little that you slow down your metabolism. I would suggest to ensure you get in all your proteins, fruits, and vegetables, and save the carbs and fats for cutting back.

Hi, Chia. Even though it says “organic,” it is still refined. The organic reference just refers to how the wheat was harvested, not how it was milled. When it’s time to buy more flour, I would suggest to look for whole grain.

The recipes are still being programmed into the shopping list – at this point, the list refers to the individual ingredients, but will be upgraded soon.

JEB2013 11 years ago

Many types of “unusual” flours are in the recipe book, but not on the shopping list. I am familiar with them as gluten free; I was wondering why they are not on the shopping list.

If you can’t find raw dairy or don’t want to use it, organic fortified products are fine.
Quinoa puff pastry is not a readymade product. See the recipe here https://www.trimdownclub.com/recipe/puff-pastry-dough/

milsan 11 years ago

Is raw butter and raw milk importan? Also where do you buy quinoa puff pastry tried to google and can’t find anyshere.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.