Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Ossie-Sharon 9 years ago

Hi, t4908752. Definitely yes!

t4908752 9 years ago

Hi I want to know if you can make your own bread the SWG method without buying the already ground flour. I want to know how to grind my own flour to make the bread from scratch.

Sophia2012 10 years ago

This is a scientific journey. I hope I last.

Ossie-Sharon 10 years ago

Hi, taylorfamily. SWG products can be found in health-oriented shops and online. Where do you live? Perhaps I can find other sources.
In the meantime, 100% whole grain is great – just check the ingredients to make sure there aren’t any undesirable additives such as hydrogenated fats.

taylorfamily 10 years ago

In my stores, I have yet to find anything that has SWG (sprouted whole grain) listed. Where do you find this? Is there a specific brand that I would need to look for? I can find 100% whole wheat.

Hi, Alyah, and welcome! Yes, using fresh foods is a major point of this program, and organic is better yet, especially for animal foods.

Alyah 10 years ago

Hi, I am Alyah and I just joined. I really haven’t started yet because I have to buy everything I need. My question is regarding can chicken. I don’t do can so much because of the sodium. Could I use fresh, organic chicken breast instead?

Hi, EBurrell. In general, when in doubt, go for the “100%” because it is a legally-binding term. For the other product, you can also check the label to see what flours are used. In any event, label-checking is always a good idea, to make sure other undesirable ingredients (such as hydrogenated fats) are not in there.

EBurrell 10 years ago

I have a question. I went to Whole Foods and found Arrowhead Sprouted Whole Grain flour and the symbol 100% whole grain was on the package. But then I saw another product called One Degree Sprouted Whole Wheat Flour, but I didn’t see the 100% whole grain symbol on the package. I’m confused if they’re both the same or are they different?

Hi, Leumas. Ezekiel sprouted products are excellent.

leumas64 10 years ago

Is Ezekiel 4.9 bread okay? Is is made from sprouted grains.

Hi, Mcsskterry. You can do both! SWG products are increasingly available in supermarkets (as well as health-oriented stores), and the flour can be purchased (usually online). Sometimes the grain products are just called “sprouted” – be sure to check that they are also 100% whole grain, and not just made from some refined flour with some SWG thrown in. If you can sprout and grind your own – so much the better. There are no specific guidelines for the ratios beyond those related to your own needs (i.e. gluten-free) or applications (i.e. bread baking).

mcsskterry 10 years ago

I am new to this and I am trying to figure out this Sprouted Whole grains thing. Do you buy it? Or do you buy the grains and grind it yourself and make the flour with a mixture of a different grains? If you do it yourself what are the ratios? If you buy it what is it called at the stores usually?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.