Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
lw181 11 years ago

thank you Dory for the info on the SWG.

Doryssb 11 years ago

Hi lw181, SWG stands for sprouted whole grain. You can find the answers to most of the questions we’ve all asked when first starting with the club in the FAQ’s section. The tab is at the bottom left of the page.
Here is more info on SWG:
Sprouting of grains is the first step in their development, and occurs under conditions ideal to growth. Natural enzymes activated during sprouting make the grain components easily digested and reduce the amount of “anti-nutrients” – compounds such as phytic acid, which bind vitamins and minerals – rendering the nutrients more bioavailable. This increased digestibility and bioavailability has been found to support not only good nutrition, but also healthy weight management, by improving how the body processes energy.

For more information on this topic go to the top of the page and click on articles…they are full of fantastic info.
Happy Health to you,
Dory

lw181 11 years ago

swg what does it stand for? I think the wg stands for whole grain.

Jacqueline 11 years ago

Thank you so much for all the information and responding to my question!

Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Hi, Carjac. When shopping for bread and English muffins, be sure it is 100% whole grain, even if not sprouted. Be on the lookout for any undesirable additives, such as corn syrup and colors.

carjac 11 years ago

I don’t see myself looking for SWG bread. What about the Dempster’s 12 grain bread???

Also what about english muffins?

Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Re: Winnipeg – the following is from a local blog:
A good bet is Vita Health on Osborne Street, which has a good selection of natural health products/cleaning products in addition to food. Organza market at confusion corner is also centrally located and has a deli counter with some prepared foods. Organic Planet on Westminster has bulk grains/beans etc. Humboldt’s Legacy is just down the street and they have a very assorted selection of foods, housewares and natural beauty products.

annaleeramos 11 years ago

I have no idea. I live in Forth Worth Tx, but you may want to look it up on google. Wal-Mart has Ezekiel bread in the freezer section if you have a Wal-Mart near you.

Jacqueline 11 years ago

Good Morning, Where do you buy SWG items in Winnipeg,Manitoba?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.