Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

We don’t recommend agave. Though it does have a low glycemic index, the calories do add up, and its use has been linked to fatty liver.

sfcpete 11 years ago

Can agave be used as a sweetner?

Yes – all honey is at least 80% fructose.

trimthefat 11 years ago

One more comment…I have had cancer and my oncologist said Stevia is the best sweetner hands down.

trimthefat 11 years ago

I use liquid Stevia.

Charlie2019 11 years ago

I changed from Splenda to Triva. Suppose to be more natural.

suerae 11 years ago

Thank you for the quick reply… even Raw honey is high in fructose?

Honey is not generally recommended, as it is high in fructose, which generally does not work in your favor in terms of balancing weight and metabolic issues. Generally 1 tsp of honey lends the same sweetness as 1/8 tsp of Stevia product.

The ingredients selected for our recipes are based on recommendations by qualified naturopaths to maximize nutritional value of foods. The grains, for example, are rich in nutrients and some in high-quality proteins, while having low allergenic potential and glycemic index – all very important issues to take into account when optimizing metabolism for healthy weight loss and maintenance.

suerae 11 years ago

Does anyone know if I can use honey as a sweetener in place of Stevia? And if so, do you know the proportions of one to the other? I’m new to this too!

cgaum912 11 years ago

The more I read these recipes, I have to ask…where do you find this stuff? There is stuff I have never heard of and I am only 20 miles from Boston not in a remote area at all!

Splenda and Truvia are not generally recommended. Splenda is considered an artificial product, and Truvia represents a processed form of Stevia. Other recommended non- or low-caloric sweeteners include monkfruit and xylitol.

cgaum912 11 years ago

I am new too and not sure if they (Splenda or Tivia) are good or bad, but I have heard Stevia is good oro you and see that they use it in the recipes in here. Good luck!

misfit2013 11 years ago

I don’t know if one is better than the other….if I were cooking with one I use splenda (my brother said it was better than equal or sweet & low). If I want somethong in my tea I use a dash of the real sugar. I’m new today, sorry if I wasn’t any help. Good Luck!! 🙂

papichuuloo 11 years ago

How about Splenda or Triva? Are they good for you?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.