Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
camplaffalot 11 years ago

r2b2, my paternal grandparents were both doctors in Boston waaaaaay back in the day (1900-1939), and both believed very seriously in drinking warm water with the juice of a half a lemon in the morning! I haven’t done it regularly, but maybe I’ll give it another try. Thanks for the memory and a good health reminder.

I would just LOVE to try white wine, but alas, I drank WAAAAAAY to much of it in another life and I’ve been sober for 24 years. Sigh.

Another highly thought of cancer fighter is pure maple syrup and baking soda (without aluminum in it) which is mixed and heated, then taken 3 times a day. Theory is that cancer cells attract sugar (as in a radioactive PET scan), and the alkaline soda than surrounds the cell and kills it, since cancer doesn’t grow in an alkaline environment. I did it for awhile, but gradually got away from it due to sheer laziness. There is quite a bit about it on the internet.

I have been on chemo for the last 26 months and will be done with this round at the end of this month. My CEA is low, hasn’t changed since surgery in 2011, so I have good positive feelings.

Mary Ellen

r2b2 11 years ago

Good luck Helen and Mary with your ongoing health. I have also had cancer both ovarian and breast. I belong to a dragon boat team of cancer survivors which is a tremendous support network and we have lots of FUN! One thing we spread the word on is to have some lemon juice in warm water every morning. It is supposed to be a natural chemotherapy. But it is great for cleaning out your liver.

The other thing we have heard is that white wine sometimes helps. I know of two people who have craved for white wine after diagnosis and one went unexpectedly into remission for some months. Her doctor agreed that something in the wine could help. They say listen to your body.

camplaffalot 11 years ago

Hi Helen! I am also a cancer patient on chemo and have had the exact same weight issues. I think this very healthy way of eating will be great for us. At least I think we will both feel a little better!

Oh, and I am a label reader big time!

Hugs on ya!
Mary Elen

HelenWhitty 11 years ago

New to this and really like the idea of having a network. I\\\\\\\’m on day 5 and doing very well indeed. I have surprised myself by really enjoying going for gluten and wheat free breads and pastas options. I\\\\\\\’ve also started reading the labels of products. Now I am living in England so this is very un-british really, though I know my friends in the US and Australia are a lot more sussed as far as this goes.

I have been battling cancer for the last 4 years and just finished my second chemotherapy 3 months ago so I have put on a lot of weight, and lost a lot of weight and put it back on so I am now as big as I was before I lost the weight but I really like the whole concept of this nutritional way of changing your life as opposed to going on another fad diet which may or may not work, and then if it does, you put it all back on again. So hopefully will be inspired by your stories and hopefully I might in time inspire a few too!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.