Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Seasonings like cinnamon are free foods, so you can add them wherever and however you like without accounting for them in the Menu Planner.
Raw shelled hemp can be substituted for any of the seeds in the Menu Planner (2 Tbsp is considered to be a serving).
Cookies and peanut butter (listed as “nut butter”) are in the Menu Planner, and can be used. Inclusion of honey depends on how much you are using. A teaspoon once or twice a day is not a big deal, but much more than that can really add up.

karena 11 years ago

I work out regularly and use protein powder with yoghurt and raw shelled hemp seeds with yoghurt as part of my morning meal. I feel the protein is important as I do not eat a lot of fish, meat or poultry (but am not vegetarian)I feel it is a good way to get protein. One scoop has 110 calories. The raw shelled hemp has 170 ca;lories for 3 tablesppons which seems like a lot but its supposed to be very healthy. How do we add these types of foods? Or are we supposed to elimate them?
Also, I do not see cinnamon anywhere which is a way to flavour natural yoghurt and supposed to be good for your health. Is this an option? Finally I do not eat junk food however I do like a cookie or a tablespoon of peanut butter as a snack and I like honey. Can someone advise me on whether I need to eliminate these foods? Or does someone else use them? How do you fit them into the menu? Please advise.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.