Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
skyflier49 10 years ago

Thanks, Ozzie-Sharon- Found this info helpful. It’s day 3 and going better. Not feeling quite as stuffed or nauseated. Thanks again!

Ossie-Sharon 10 years ago

Hi, all. I am delighted to read that you are not hungry on this plan, and hope that you can be rewarded for being in tune iwth your satiety cues, and not feel sick here.
People generally space out their meals so that there are 2-3 hours between each during the day, and no more than 12 hours during the night. As Beryl pointed out, it is not good to go to sleep on a full stomach, so allow at least 1-2 hours to pass before retiring.
Sharon, with regard to your lunch question, if you do skip it, just make sure that you get the vegetable serving somewhere else, and perhaps add a more protein to the morning and afternoon.
In general, the following healthy rules can help guide you when right-sizing your menus:
1. More protein in the morning (if you have a usual daytime-active/nighttime sleep schedule)
2. Eat more when you’re more active
3. Don’t allow hunger to risk you binging at night
4. Combine carbohydrates with proteins
5. Get at least 5 total fruit+vegetable servings per day.

berylnana65 10 years ago

Hi, I am also curious about when to eat the snacks, I have just started this program and the snack part is hard. I eat late like 7 and I don’t want to go to bed with food on my stomach. I get why we need to just not sure how to space it out.

skyflier49 10 years ago

Sharonrj1- I am just on my second day and I know exactly what you are saying. I feel like I am spending all day preparing meals and snacks. I want to focus on loosing this weight but life happens too(job, kids, sleeping in, home stuff), feeling stressed over this all. I do understand the need to eat 6 times per day but gosh I feel almost sick doing this. I only hope this feeling settles down and I get used to eating the amounts called for on my menu. I am anxious to hear a response as well.

Adze11 10 years ago

Hello,
I don’t have an answer but I’m interested to see what the answer is.
Adam.

sharonrj1 10 years ago

Goodmorning: I am still finding that I am not always hungry at snack time. Then if I eat my snack, it is time for the afternoon snack before I have even had lunch and we usually eat supper approx. 2 hours after I have had my afternoon snack. The way it is going is that I am not hungry for supper until around 7 and we don’t usually eat that late. It was much easier to eat early, etc. before I retired. I had to be up at 5:30 and had to be at work by 8:00. For example, it is 9:30 a.m. and I haven’t had breakfast yet as I stayed in bed this morning. lol My questions are: This isn’t something I would do every day.

1. Will I still lose weight if I only eat one snack during the day and, if that is the case, can I switch my morning snack to the afternoon if I am going to miss my afternoon snack?

2. Another option – can I miss my lunch and just have the morning snack and afternoon snack?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.