Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Moderation and cutting back is often a good idea if substitutions don’t work for you. Gradually cutting back on sugar may help you not miss it so much.
Having said that, as someone who suffered through and crossed the sugar-to-substitute bridge (success means fewer dental problems, too!) I suggest to try introducing a milder sugar sub (i.e. xylitol, monkfruit) into your routine by going 50-50.

mmiller502 11 years ago

A lot of the food in this diet seems to be raw or organic. I don’t really like any of the sugar subsitutes, even stevia. They all have a funny after taste. Can I use raw sugar in moderation?

Tinkers 11 years ago

You can order pure stevia extract (60% glycerin and water, has no calories and does not effect blood sugar levels) on Amazon.com. The powder can be ordered there as well.

Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Please see http://www.stevia.com/Stevia_Sugar_Substitute.aspx for how to use powder instead of syrup, if needed.

soapbartender 11 years ago

Got mine at Whole Foods (their generic brand). It’s basically stevia in glycerin. I use their vanilla stevia a lot (coffee, plain greek yogurt, baking, etc).

rmorrison 11 years ago

I’ve just join TDC and some of the recipes call for stevia syrup. But we can not find any in local stores or on line. We have the stevia powder extract. Does anyone have suggestions on where to find this item?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.