Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Hi, Judy. There are several human foods that are poison for pets, but that does not mean the same for us. Xylitol has actually been found to have some benefits for humans.

judygab 11 years ago

I was told by my Vetrinarian that Xylitol is poison for dogs and is in soome chewing gum so I will avoid that.

everarda 11 years ago

i have been looking all over the internet and found natvia which seems to be fine for ibs and it is stevia but the brand name is natvia so i hope this works and thanks for everyones help

All sugar alcohols (i.e. xylitol, erythritol, sorbitol, and mannitol) may aggravate intestinal symptoms. Stevia, on the other and, may be more supportive, and so could be suggested – but in its unprocessed form and not combined with a sugar alcohol. If the aftertaste is disconcerting, the other option would be a sweetener that does have some carbs in it, but that may be more supportive of your intestines – coconut sugar. Just count it in your plan.

As for maple syrup, just keep in mind that it does contain sugar, and should be kept to a minimum, if possible – again, best to get the unprocessed type. It won’t neutralize your weight loss efforts altogether, but moderation is key.

everarda 11 years ago

could i use mayple syrup or will i not lose weight if i do use it?

everarda 11 years ago

i have ibs so i cant have Xylitol what other natrual sweetener could i use?

Xylitol and monkfruit are highly recommended, and are totally sugar-free. They both have less of an aftertaste than Stevia.

Starcuzzi 11 years ago

I love it in food. Oatmeal. Yogurt. Etc. I find no displeasing after taste. I use Truvia.

everarda 11 years ago

i have talked to some friends who have tried the stevia and they have been saying that it has had a bad after taste has any one else had that problem. also is there a substitute such as pure mayple syrup and if so what would ratio be as in 1 tsp of stevia to 1/2 cup mayple syrup or so on?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.