Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Leonard 11 years ago

Oh yeah, food is important. In summer I automatically start eating smaller portions (but eat more often), I avoid greasy foods more than ever and don’t eat 2 hours before my scheduled workout. It’s much easier to exercise in hot weather when my stomach isn’t full.

Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

How you eat when you’re not exercising can sometimes have an impact. Certain foods are considered cooling, especially fruits that are in season during the summer months, i.e. watermelon, mango, cherries, and avocado. Staying away from greasy and fried foods also helps, which hopefully we’re doing anyway! 😉 And of course, don’t forget plenty of water to drink – don’t wait until you’re thirsty when you work out, just keep the water coming because it will help keep you cool.

Christa 11 years ago

My thing to stay cool in the hot weather is to exercise in front of the TV with the on demand exercise programs. If you don’t have on demand you can find some DVDs at your local stores.

Brad 11 years ago

I like to try to get a quick workout in during the mornings before I go to work. This is helpful during the hot summer days. There is always an air conditioned gym if it gets to hot outside.

Jeremy 11 years ago

I have to laugh at your comment about mosquitoes! In the mornings I deal with gnats and then mosquitoes later on. However, I tuck a dryer sheet into the band of my shorts. Mosquitoes hate the smell of it.

Leonard 11 years ago

Well, I simply readjust my schedule. Don’t know any other way around it, really… I exercise either early in the morning, or in the evening, when the temperature is cooler. As the heat rises in the summer, I just move my schedule from 7 PM to 8 PM, and then 9 PM.
Summer evenings are very pleasant, but beware of mosquitoes! =D

Jeremy 11 years ago

With summer right around the corner, how do you stay cool when exercising outdoors? Share your ideas so we can all benefit from them. Thanks!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.