Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Good for you for avoiding “imitation” foods – that is one of the major focuses of this program. And thank you for your kind comments – yes it is me, but you’re a bit young to be my grandfather. Best of luck to you.

beenthere 11 years ago

Ossie, your explaining this is valuable to my understanding. The key word seems to be “imitation”. I tend to shy away from anything “imitation” in all areas of my life. Example: I like real leather shoes, not imitation. Real cow’s milk (raw) not processed.
Real butter, not margarine, etc.
Thank you for your quick reply. Amazing to me that people take time to respond to an old guy like me. Your picture is beautiful if that is really you? Young enough to be my granddaughter 🙂

Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

“Processed” soy generally refers to all the imitation meat and dairy products made with soy, and “unfermented” soy means the processed products and regular soymilk and tofus, as well as nearly all imitation dairy products.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to post here Best of luck in your new journey! again.

beenthere 11 years ago

Forgive my obvious stupidity–what is “processed”, and also “unfermented” soy? I have decided to avoid orange juice, margarine, whole wheat breads, corn, and soy from my diet. I used to buy soy milk to replace cows milk, but yesterday I bought a half gallon of raw milk, and a quart of raw cream from a local farmer’s market. the plastic containers both warn for pet use only. A Florida lie to obey the law. At age 76 I am fired up to lose my excess weight. I tipped the scales this morning at 235 lbs. The insurance height, and weight charts show I should not weigh an ounce more than 169 pounds. My goal is 165 so I will have four pounds to have an occasional lapse in overeating at Thanksgiving, and Christmas, and Easter every year. Still, 70 pounds seems like a long way to go, but 9 months from today in August of 2013 I expect to be at 165 on the nose! I hope the whole world keeps me accountable to reach my goal. I will once again look like a United States Marine. I am one, but don’t look like one 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.