Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Doryssb 11 years ago

Hi Eleanor,
The soup recipes should be in your downloads.
Happy healthy eating to ya 🙂

EleanorToppins 11 years ago

Is the recipe book on line?

amartist 11 years ago

I think this must be what we call coriander leaves in England.

Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

The recipe refers to cilantro leaves – they are generally sold in bunches like parsley.
Grating tomatoes is just a method to get a result between finely chopping and pureeing.

amartist 11 years ago

Another soup question – I want to make the Red Lentil Soup (page 22 of Perfect Soups) and listed in the ingrediants is Tomatoes: 2, grated. I admit to being quite baffled by that – grated tomatoes? Please help.

My second question is about Cilantro – I have never heard of that – I Googled it and it appeared to be coriander but in seed or possibly ground form but it was not clear. Can you clarify please. Thank you.

amartist 11 years ago

Thank you for sending me the corrections. I have amended my copy of the recipe.

Hi – please see below the clarified recipe:

White Bean Soup

What you need
White beans: 2 cups, boiled
Olive oil: 1 tbsp
Onion: 2, diced
Garlic cloves: 2, chopped
Vegetable broth: 5 cups
Bay leaf: 1
Thyme: 1 tsp
Basil: ½ tsp
Lemon juice: 1 tbsp
Salt: To taste
Ground black pepper: 1 tsp
Tomatoes: 2, chopped
Zucchini: 1, chopped

What you need to do
Step 1: Heat oil in large pot, and add garlic and onion. Sauté for 2 minutes on medium heat.
Step 2: Add zucchini, bay leaf, tomatoes, vegetable broth, beans, pepper, thyme, and basil.
Step 3: Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 30 minutes on low heat
Step 4: Using a hand or regular blender, mix the soup until smooth.
Step 5: Remove from heat and stir in the lemon juice and salt to taste, and remove the bay leaf.
Serve hot.

amartist 11 years ago

In the Perfect Soup recipe book the soup is just called White Bean Soup and is on page 23.

To which “White Bean Soup” are your referring? There is a Lemon Kale White Bean soup, but it does not have potatoes, basil, or thyme in it. Can you check the name again and repost?
Thanks.

amartist 11 years ago

I made the White Bean Soup yesterday and it is nice but in Step 2 of the recipe it says add potatoes. How much? It doesn’t say because nowhere in the list of ingrediants does it list potatoes. Secondly in Step 2 is says add thyme and basil and then in Step 5 it says add basil and lemon juice. so when do you put the basil in? Please could you give me the correct recipe and also possibly correct the one you send out. This could not have been proof read and seems a little careless if you don’t mind me saying.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.