Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Ossie-Sharon 9 years ago

Hi, you two. The following are a list of popular items:
• Fresh and dried fruit
• Cut raw vegetables
• Oven-baked vegetable chips
• Nuts and seeds
• Trail mix combinations of nuts, seeds, and dried fruit
• Sandwiches – good breads with nut butters, hummus and similar spreads, tahini, canned or smoked fish, cheese, homemade “cold cuts” from fresh meats, egg salad, etc.
• Whole grain or Paleo crackers plus any of the above
• Hard-boiled eggs
• Sliced or string cheese
• Cottage cheese
• Yogurt
• Milk (dairy or vegetal), plain or flavored with cocoa powder and a recommended sweetener
• Hearty soup in a thermos (2-3 food groups, i.e. meat or legume, vegetable, whole grain)
• Hearty smoothie/shake in a thermos (2-3 food groups, i.e. fruit/vegetable, dairy/vegan, seeds)
• Edamame or other legume/pulse snacks
• Whole grain or Paleo cereal or granola (cold in small sealable bag, cooked in thermos)
• Canned beans
• Prepared healthy foods in containers – from leftovers or prepared the night or weekend before.
• Homemade whole-food muffins or bars
• Popped grains, i.e. organic popcorn, sorghum, quinoa

If you use the Menu Planner application to build your menus, you can select these for both your meals and snacks.

NeilP 9 years ago

Yes, some more practical easy carry items would be good.

I fly a local air ambulance and am often on call 24/7. This amount of food / cooking etc just does not fit in with a random schedule.

Could do with a menu Create Check Box , that allows for menu creation of Non cook main meal items. Things that can be grabbed from a local supermarket / filling station with no need to cook.

ideally airport security friendly too…so less than 100ml if liquid.

nicky5065 9 years ago

Hi – I am new to TDC and am wondering whether anyone has ideas for snacks that are easy to take to work and eat on the go… some of the ideas are easy – such as an apple and 2 oatcakes, but some not practical for me. Has anyone got any tips?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.