Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Seaborngirl 11 years ago

Hi all you lot…thought I would venture out and try some more rooms on board our ship….need to up the ante on my exercise I reckon! I don’t do much, and the plan I shared on the newbies forum was that I would begin walking each morning after I drop my husband to work, with my camera, starting Monday!!! Monday came, and our car was not going anywhere on Sunday, so it is now it the doc getting a new alternator! Anyway, we are borrowing our daughter’s car and yesterday, I drove did a 15 min walk at the esplanade, and today I did 30 mins with the camera..so about 20 mins walking I guess.
I have lost 3lbs, and then gained some, even tho I am eating and drinking what I am meant to be….never mind, just got to face the wind and push on!!!

Spiggot, funny how the answer to our problems are right there in front of us sometimes…it is great that you can ride your bike to work…and dream…lol!!!

Marli 11 years ago

You’re welcome, glad I could help. 🙂

somelli 11 years ago

Thank you. I will follow your advice.

Marli 11 years ago

Get on the scale every morning. Of course, you can expect fluctuations, so look at your weekly average. Then set weekly and monthly goals. A reasonable weekly goal is generally 2 lbs per week.

somelli 11 years ago

I am new to this program and want to ask how often should I get on the scale? I do not want to be discouraged.

LynnM 11 years ago

I’m just starting too, so walking is the best for me. If not outside (which I love as I am near trails and trees) then up and down the stairs in our 3 story apt. block. Despite arthritis and complaining hips (or because of them!)I know I have to keep moving. I do stretches every morning to get my legs relaxed.

Great to see everyone here working on getting healthier!

VERONIKA95148 11 years ago

I haven’t been physically active for quite some time, so I am starting with yoga to help stretch out my muscles and and hoping to join a gym in the near future. I also try to go on walk when I take my break at work. Some movement is better than none I guess. Good luck everyone!

Support 11 years ago

Hi songbird16 (great name!) you’re not alone!!! We are here together for the same goal!

songbird16 11 years ago

I am so encouraged that I am not alone with small steps in exercising. Sometimes I want to push myself but I know it is not wise since I am just starting out with this. I miss the days, a few years, back when I was really doing well and losing the weight and exercising regularly but things in life that were so devastating caused me to lose my motivation and I let myself go. But now I am ready to get back with it to get healthy for myself.

spiggott 11 years ago

I’ve struggled to find ways to increase my exercise levels. I work full time and when I get home I walk the dogs, cook the dinner have a shower and flake out on the sofa. Then I had a brainwave and decided to cycle to work and back. It doesn’t take much more time than driving and it is hard but I get such a buzz from it, dreaming about the slim figure that I’m working towards!!

Support 11 years ago

Try to start with small steps. For example 10 minutes of walking 3 times a week. That’s what I did and now I can do much better !

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.