Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Ossie-Sharon 8 years ago

Hii, Raeka. The fats in this program are “good” fats, found in clinical research to support a healthy metabolism. Since limiting carbohydrates and favoring protein has been found to be most beneficial in post-menopausal women, the remaining energy can only come from fat, which is why we give around 35% of energy, which is considered the new standard of a moderately low-fat diet. Note that if you restrict energy too much, it can result in rebound weight gain, and is often not sustainable. Our program results in slower weight gain, but there is a much higher chance that it will stay off and support health better than a relatively restrictive diet.

Raeka8 8 years ago

I have been losing weight with increased workouts and following a lean low fat diet, cutting out as many carbs as I can and avoiding sugar other than what comes naturally in food and is pretty much unavoidable.
I just recently signed up for this program and looking at the menu was a bit of a surprise for me. For example, for a snack, it has a banana with 1/2 cup of cashews or walnuts! They are loaded with Fat, though some protein too. I know walnuts are good for me but at one point in past, when I was adding about a half cup of walnuts and about 1/4 cup of raisins to my nightly big salad, the weight was NOT coming off the rest of my meals during the day were not bad. When I cut out the walnuts and raisins, I quickly dropped 20 lbs. Now this menu is telling me to add them back to daily snacks/lunches. I just find this menu hard to swallow – excuse the pun.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.