Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Try moving some of the foods from larger meals to the between-meal snacks – this may lessen the load.

Doryssb 11 years ago

Thanks Ossie,
I find with the larger meals if I eat the entire thing, sometimes my stomach will feel like it’s burning about 30 minutes later. I am choosing to believe it is because I am turning into a fat burning machine…but thought I should ask if this is normal 😉
Doryss

Solo – regarding the tomato question, I will forward this to the tech support team.

It should not matter too much if the meats are cooked or uncooked, as we recommend extra-lean and unprocessed, which means minimal shrinkage. Start with pre-cooked weight and see if that is enough for you.

Hi, Dory. Glad to read you are not hungry. If you need to cut back, start with fats and carbs. Just be careful not to cut back too much, or you will slow down your metabolism.
It also helps to increase your physical activity.

bonnier 11 years ago

i found a list in the recipe where it said veggies click on it and it tell you how much you can have

Doryssb 11 years ago

Are we really supposed to eat everything on our menu for each of the 6 times? It seems like so much! This is only day 2 for me and I thought I understood the plan, but after reading others posts now I’m not sure. I didn’t finish my lunch or dinner because I was getting close to that yucky stuffing myself feeling.

Arlene 11 years ago

Thanks Ossie for advise on ‘serving portions’…i have written this down and stuck it to my wall. To stop confusion it would be helpful if this advise was added as a note in the Menu Planner so we users would be able to refer to it as and when. 🙂

Arlene 11 years ago

assuming i am to eat all three listed in my lunch menu and not just select one item?

If you could clear that one up it would be great….thanks in advance 🙂

solo2453 11 years ago

I am unsure whether the weight of chicken or turkey in the menu is cooked or uncooked.

Also, is there a problem with tomatoes as they are rarely included in my menus although I have listed them?

LynnM 11 years ago

Also, when you pick the foods you like, it states that you should select one fat from this list, one fruit from this list, etc, so that is a guide always there.

MarthinaB 11 years ago

thanks!

Serving sizes are different for different foods, so all can’t really be described in this forum. In general, for fresh fruits and vegetables it is 1/2-1 cup (or 1 whole), meats 3-4 ounces (though an “exchange” is 1 ounce), grain products 1 cup cooked or 1-2 slices of bread, 1 cup milk or soft nonfat dairy, 1-2 oz higher fat dairy, 1/2 cup legumes.
Quiche would have an even greater range because it depends on the recipe and if it is a main course or snack. Generally, 1/8-1/6 is reasonable for a meal, while 1/16-1/12 is reasonable for a snack.

MarthinaB 11 years ago

forgot to subscribe to topic as need answer urgently.

MarthinaB 11 years ago

How much would a serving of anything be?
A serving of vegetables?
A serving of quiche?

Pls help….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.