Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
blessingcatcher 10 years ago

Thanks, Ossie, so much. I appreciate you “listening” to us and searching out answers to our questions. Perhaps in the future, after one has been on the program a while, long enough to familiarize themselves w/ their needs and the menu and exchanges, that could be worked in to the program for their menu planning. Available only to those who have been with the program, say 6 mos or so … just picking a number out of the air. Kind of like an upgrade that would load automatically at that time.
And, no, I’m not THAT secure in my menu (to totally do one on my own)!! haha … But, I DID want to tell you how VERY much I appreciate the swappability (lol) of the menu now and the value exchanges. I have learned so much about what I need to eat and what foods count as what. I knew the basic things like meats, starches, veggies and fruits and the obvious fats. But, certain veggies that also count as a starch or a fat … that is helpful. And how to judge what adds fat to your menu. Also the portion sizes are great and being able to swap them out is wonderful. I just wanted to tell you how very much I appreciate the work you all do to keep our program moving forward and making it more and more user friendly all the time!! Kudos to you and all the TDC staff!! 😉

Ossie-Sharon 10 years ago

Hi, blessingcatcher. I talked with tech support, and because of issues with fittingin recipes, that can’t be done at this time. However, you can definitely make those changes when you serve your meal. It’s great that you are familiar with how much you need and how much of the nutrients are in foods. Just make the menu your own.

Hi, Ossie. Thanks. I think my computer was messing w/ me when I typed out the original question. It cut off my first portion that explained I was referring to the menu planner!! Sorry. Here’s my question:
could 2 oz or 1 oz be added to our meat portions sizes? (Mine starts with 3.) When I am having something with cheese (i.e. tortellini or ravioli) I need less than 3 oz meat as the pasta is 1 serving of protein as well. Also, it would allow us to work in cheese as a topping for a dish. Also, a 1/2 teaspoon as measurement of oil would be helpful as well. Sometimes, a dish uses up 1/2 of our fat, and we need to be able to add some fat with only 1/2 a portion. (My smallest increment is 1 teaspoon.) Thanks!

Hi, blessingcatcher. To which “other two portion sizes” are you referring? Is it in relation to a specific food?

Hi, BlessingCatcher. The Spelt Waffles are not yet in the Menu Planner, so just choose a place-holder, such as the “Basic Hot Cereal (Porridge).
Regarding the technical issue, I will forward your query to tech support.

Sorry … these questions refer to the MENU PLANNER. Can’t find the spelt waffles in my menu planner when I opt to switch out a meal. Also, the other two portion sizes … can not find a smaller amount in the MENU PLANNER when I try to switch out a meal. I have to put in the larger amt and then pencil in the change on what I print off. But, it leaves me with incorrect numbers and stats on my diet exchanges. That is only for when I use a portion through another dish.

Hi, Blessing Catcher. Here is the link to the Spelt Waffle Recipe https://www.trimdownclub.com/recipe/simple-spelt-waffle/.
Regarding the protein, if you take that 1-2 ounces from something else to have more meat instead, of course.
Regarding the fat, the exchanges are set to line up with the American Diabetes Association. Feel free to move around portions of exchanges a you wish – it’s great that you are aware of them, and this way you are making the menu your own instead of being limited. The goal is for that sort of thing to become second nature for you.

Help! Ossie, this will probably fall in your lap. But, I can’t find “spelt waffles” anywhere. Suggestions? Or does it need to be added? Also, could 2 oz or 1 oz be added to our meat portions sizes? (Mine starts with 3.) When I am having something with cheese (i.e. tortellini or ravioli) I need less than 3 oz meat as the pasta is 1 serving of protein as well. Also, it would allow us to work in cheese as a topping for a dish. Also, a 1/2 teaspoon as measurement of oil would be helpful as well. Sometimes, a dish uses up 1/2 of our fat, and we need to be able to add some fat with only 1/2 a portion. (My smallest increment is 1 teaspoon.) Thanks!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.