Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
youngj105 11 years ago

You will find a chart of measurements to enable you to reduce the recipes at this link

Reducing the Size of Recipes

ldsuave 11 years ago

I cut the recipes, usually make 3-4 serving size, eat 1 serving, freeze the rest. Just do the math. For spices I use the smallest measurement possible ie: dash,1/8th.
Talk about freezers- I have 2 extra small freezers. But alas! My refrigerator/freezer went on the fritz. Now back to icebox days temporarily- so,some freezer space taken up to freezing ice in containers to maintain frig for perishables.

ShannaMcc 11 years ago

WHAT I MEANT WAS IF YOU DOUBLE A RECIPE YOU CAN HALF IT TO GOOD LUCK

Jeannie69 11 years ago

I don’t want to double them – I want to cut them back to only 1-3 servings. LOL I’m already looking for a space to put another freezer or refrigerator!

ShannaMcc 11 years ago

I have not I have had to double them. My family is loveing it to as so am I and I am even makeing my own recipes. Which are alsome I didnt know I was a good cook till Imstarted cooking real food my kids are even eating it which for them is huge Im normaly a bad cook. LOL

Jeannie69 11 years ago

I’m loving the recipes and am actually eating some things that I thought I never would willingly; radishes, actually. But making the sauce to go with the salmon was inspirational! The salmon flavor wasn’t as strong as it has been in the past, and the sauce was a big hit with my husband and me. Unfortunately, our refrigerator is totally full. Has anyone else cut the serving size of the recipes so that you make only 1 -2 servings? It’s just my husband and myself here.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.