Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
MymC 11 years ago

Hi all! Super excited – I’ve made Protein Balls, and of course because they have so many seeds you chew forever (unlike eating a choc bar which melts away).
I put chia seeds; pumpkin seeds; almond meal; quinoa flakes; oatmeal flakes; pitted dates and flaxseed. A drop of organic skim milk and then I just shaped into balls and stored in the fridge. Great snack for 4pm munchies 🙂

Doryssb 11 years ago

Hey Kaylee, your welcome. If you’re interested, I just posted a recipe that I made tonight for “Chicken Barley Soup.” It’s in the “Tips, Tricks, Recipes & Encouragement” thread.

My menu for dinner tonight was supposed to be
1C. veggies
1C. barley
3oz. chicken
1T. of honeymustard
So I just watched what i scooped out for my bowl of soup to make sure I had the 3oz of chicken, a cup of barley and between the carrots, onions and veggies in the soup I think it added up to my cup that the ‘menu’ called for. The only thing I was lacking was the fat that would have been the honey mustard, So for my last snack I had a cup of tea and an ounce of full fat hard cheese…yum 🙂

ksprietsma 11 years ago

Thanks Doryssb,
That helps, I am really looking forward to making it. I am still very new and still trying to get a handle on the balancing of carbs/proteins/fats.
Have a great evening 🙂

Doryssb 11 years ago

Hi Kaylee,
I’m not sure exactly how to get that recipe in the menu but I have made it and it’s awesome. In the lunch and dinner selections on the menu planner I had checked the soups, both organic or ready made, meat. So when that came up in my menu instead of buying a can of soup I made the stew recipe. Then clicked on the refresh button on some of the other things to make them coordinate better with the veggies that I was having in the soup. Soup was also in that weeks menu for two days later for dinner so my whole family ate it and they all enjoyed it.
Have a great evening (or whatever time of day it is in your part of the world 🙂 )
Doryss

ksprietsma 11 years ago

Hello all,
There are some amazing recipes on here and while trying to make my menu I noticed I am unable to select some of them?
For instance, the Beef & Potato Stew is a perfect dinner meal for myself on Thursdays, but I am unable to select that dish.
How would I be able to somehow get that dish into my menu?
Thanks so much everyone!
Kaylee

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.