Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
twonurses2 3 years ago

Also Please let the techs now when you select it from your menu it gives you
1 carb
2 proteins

I was going to select 2 servings because I was low on Protein. I am allowed 4 proteins and based on what the computer said I would have been over. I feel like know I need to double check everything, maybe this is why I am not loosing more that .5 of a pound

Ossie-Sharon 3 years ago

Hi, twonurses2. That’s a good point – I’m not sure what happened there. I have forwarded the issue to tech support. Thanks for the heads up.

twonurses2 3 years ago

Thanks for the info. I understand the exchange value but the recipe states 3 protein It does not say 1 or 2 carbs…. Why is it adding carbs to my menu planner?

Ossie-Sharon 3 years ago

Hi, twonurses2. It adds too few carbs to count as even a fraction of an exchange. The exchanges translate to the following approximate nutrition values:
1 carbohydrate exchange = 15 grams of carbohydrates + up to 3 grams of protein (80 calories)
1 protein exchange = 7 grams of protein + up to 5 grams of fat (75 calories)
1 fat exchange = 5 grams of fat (45 calories)
1 fruit exchange = 15 grams of carbohydrates (60 calories)
1 vegetable exchange = 5 grams of carbohydrates + up to 2 grams of protein (40 calories)
1 sweet exchange = up to 15 grams of carbohydrates + up to 5 grams of fat (125 calories)
1 free exchange = up to 5 grams of carbohydrates or up to 2 grams of protein or fat (25 calories)

twonurses2 3 years ago

Almond Chicken Apricot Delight recipe I put it in my menu and it is adding carbs?
The recipe states 1/2 chicken breast is 3 proteins? What are the exchange values?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.