Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Hi, Donna. Coconut is in a different food group from peanuts (fat vs. protein). If you are replacing one serving of another fat, one exchange of coconut is 1 oz, which is equal to a piece 1.5×1.5×0.5 inches or 5 tablespoons shredded (fresh, not sweetened).

DonnaH 11 years ago

Thank you, yes, I can’t get raw milk here. How much coconut can I have if I’m replacing it for, say 1/2 cup of peanuts? Thanks again.

Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Raw dairy is indeed from milk that has not been pasteurized (or homogenized). Raw coconut is indeed an acceptable fat included in the Menu Planner applications.

DonnaH 11 years ago

Hi. I’m in the UK and I’m not 100% sure what you mean by raw milk and cheese. Does it mean that it has not been pasteurised? Also, I’ve seen recipes with a cup of coconut milk but what about raw coconut? I understood that even though it is high in fat, the fat is recognised by the body as the same plasma type as blood and so is accepted very easily, is this correct and can I include it in my menu perhaps as a snack? How much would I be allowed? Many thanks for your help.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.