Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
Cheryl67 11 years ago

Thats ok, it does say even small changes make a difference and yes it is awkward trying to get everything, it would be nice if you could find just one health shop that did the lot, but it appears not! I agree with supporting our local shops though, that’s really important to me too. Hope things get easier for you, its stressful enough trying to change our routine, have more time to cook more, experiment with different foods and keep your will power going, without the shopping and hunting for things!

slimasharon 11 years ago

I have no idea about raw milk etc and quite frankly will just ignore this and use ordinary semi skimmed milk and low fat cheese. Can’t get a lot of things easily in UK so will just use what I can get. I wouldn’t have time to mess aroiund getting bits and pieces on the internet and prefer to support my local shops. I did find Stevia in Sainsberries though.

Cheryl67 11 years ago

There is also an article on this site call Raw Milk, its on page 4. Hope that helps you 🙂

Cheryl67 11 years ago

Also….If you order Raw milk and you have a surplus that you won’t use within 3-4 days, you can freeze it apparently! There’s some good info on the http://www.hookandson.co.uk site.

Cheryl67 11 years ago

For a map of your nearest RAW MILK Farmer go here….
http://www.naturalfoodfinder.co.uk/unpasteurised-raw-milk-uk

For uk next day delivery to your doorstep you have 2 choices…..
http://www.hookandson.co.uk/RawMilk

Home

Cheryl67 11 years ago

Hey all in the UK….. Just to let you know I’ve been internet shopping and found a this site that sells Sprouted Wholegrain Bread and lots of other foods on this healthy eating regime http://www.healthysupplies.co.uk I liked this site as it has good write ups about the foods, grains, flours, oils etc and was a good point of reference if unsure what things are or how best to use them. Also cornmeal, is known more as Polenta over here and is sold on this site, as well as normal supermarkets.

Also I discovered that Stevia Syrup is known as Stevia Liquid here in the UK and can be bought on http://www.amazon.co.uk. You can also find a lot of the flours, oils etc on there too. You can also buy Raw Goats Cheese on here and……RAW MILK…. mind you its £2 for 1L, but thats so cool, I am so excited……and you don’t even have to lug it back from the shops/town cos its delivered to your door!!!! Now I sound a bit sad don’t I LOL Hope this helps? Cheryl

jacqwee 11 years ago

I think ‘raw’ means organic. You can’t find unpasteurized milk for sale (in Canada), so I think the organic or less-processed is the what they are referring to.

nyanza 11 years ago

I am a very unenthusiastic cook with little time to spend in the kitchen. I am trying to concoct dishes out of the “good foods” only but there is always the problem of how much to eat even if it is good! Luckily I love fruit and vegetables.

SavedbyGrace1950 11 years ago

I am with you. I have no idea what raw cheese is. I do know it is not available where I live. We have 1 grocery store the Piggly Wiggly and they don’t carry anything like that nor can I get raw milk. It will be hard enough to find grass fed beef.

Doryssb 11 years ago

Hello All,
I’m sure it won’t be long before Ossie, the TDC nutritionist, will be online to answer your questions more thoroughly. For now you can find information on the SWG breads and raw dairy products in the FAQ section at the bottom of the page.

I’m not sure if everyone on this thread is from the UK, but you will also be able to find a link there as to where to find these products. If you are in the US, you should be able to find various products in stores like Whole Foods, Akins, Reasors, Krogers and from what I understand even WalMart.

I think the idea is while looking at the menu selections to choose the best (lightest blue) that you have on hand or available to you now. As you continue each week and make a new menu, or find it’s time to shop again, try to opt for healthier selections. The less processed the better for you.
Happy healthy eating to you all 🙂

alroper 11 years ago

Yeah, I just joined myself and feel that it’s impossible to find half this stuff. Our grocery stores don’t carry all these products. I too don’t have a clue to what is exactly Raw cheese. I feel like I will spend a lot of my time in the kitchen preparing these meals or in a grocery store trying to find most of these items.

cgardner 11 years ago

yes, I have just joined today and straight away feel I may have wasted my money?? Like you, what is “raw” cheese milk etc and SWG flour or bread? Is everything american?

nyanza 11 years ago

Yes, I would like to know what raw cheese is! I can understand what raw milk is but it is unobtainable in this country unless one visits a farmer.

vickie77 11 years ago

I think this means unpasteurized, but I was wondering if they need to be raw, and why. These items won’t be easy to come by or cheap for me.

skinnymel 11 years ago

can someone please explain what raw milk/cheese is? i do think these items need proper explanation by trimdown staff, can’t expect us to follow diets when ingredients are mystifying!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.