Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Yes, seasonings such as cinnamon and fat-free/sugar-free additives like hot sauce are absolutely free and ENCOURAGED! Lots of health benefits.

Doryssb 11 years ago

Thank you for your quick response and great info to have. I know that spicy foods are supposed to be good for speeding up the metabolism and I love horseradish. Would cinnamon and picante sauce, as long and there is no added sugar, be considered free also?

Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Mustard and horseradish are not in the selector because they are “free” foods – meaning that as long as you don’t need to limit salt, you don’t need to limit or count those. The honey-mustard dressing counts as a fat. Therefore, if you substitute with fat-free/sugar-free mustard, you can use the fat exchange on something else – like a pat of butter or ounce of rich cheese.

Doryssb 11 years ago

Often 1T. of honey mustard will pop up on my menu. I am wondering if that could be exchanged for spicy brown mustard or a horseradish based mustard? Neither of those were options that I saw on the selector, so I thought better to check.
Thanks,
Doryss

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.