Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Ossie-Sharon 8 years ago

Hi, you two (and congratulations on your progress, PhilyD). We encourage whole foods over the isolated components in protein shakes, especially since the shakes come with sugar and/or artificial sweeteners. You can obtain the general nutritional advantage of the protein shakes (extra protein and calories from whey) with something like Fage Greek Yogurt Classic with fruit or pure cocoa plus a natural sweetener such as Stevia.
Orgain is considered to be a better choice than Body Fortress, but even so isn’t recommended on a regular basis.

mendelsonk 8 years ago

Phil, CONGRATULAIONS on your journey. I also had a question about protein shakes for convenience. I wanted to know if the Orgain Vegan Nutritional Shakes fit the necessary protein, carb, fat combination to make them a suitable meal on the go when pressed for time. I hope this is the spot to get our answers. Keep up the good work!
-Kevin

PhilyD 8 years ago

So I have been on a weight loss journey for a year and a half. A part of that has been weight lifting. I lift 3-4 times a week. I subsequently drink protein shakes after I lift. I drink Body Fortress Whey Protein Isolate shakes with a water base. I am new to this program. I am currently in week 1. Do protein shakes fit into the mix here? When I plugged all of my food for the day into My Fitness Pal my protein intake was much less than I am used too on lift days. Are protein shakes ok to add to the menu guide?

I am 6’3″ and 340 lbs. I have cut down from 566 lbs in the last 2 years but have been on a plataeu for about 3 months which is why I’m here. I want to lose fat but gain muscle in the process.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Phil

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.