Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Hi, lyndashelp. The portion sizes and serving numbers are at the end of each recipe. If you are not finding some, please do list those recipes here, and they will be fixed.

lisafab 11 years ago

Hi just google anything your not sure of and you will find them, or understand what they are.
Stevia fake sugar sweetnner.
cilantro corianda
mung beans small green beans in the dried bean section of supermarket.

lyndashelp 11 years ago

14 day menu doesn’t sound like one that would hold your will power.
but shows how to work protein and carbs and will pick from it what will work for me.

my question is how many servings are the recipes designed to serve generally?????

mikefish 11 years ago

We have been to Tesco extra today and found SWG flour, quinoa grains, coconut oil/water/milk, mung beans. We also found garbanzo as a brand name for sweets/candies!! Getting supplies through Amazon is going to be expensive.
It’s not surprising that not many people diet, I’m begining to wonder if I can afford to lose weight, when Ive slimmed down enough to do enjoyable activeties I will probably be in to much debt to pay my bus fare to go to fun places

marlynclark 11 years ago

Hi Mikefish, I agree that there are some foods particular to the lower USA that are hard to get in other places. I also have to correct Cando0830’s info about Stevia. It is not from cane sugar, but from the leaves of the Stevia plant grown in South America. It is a LOT sweeter than sugar and 0 calories BUT some brands do leave a slight aftertaste AND watch the “dosage” as some brands are a lot more concentrated than others so you get less sweetener for your money. You’ll probably find quinoa (keen wah) in the bulk food grains section and it cooks up much like rice does. It’s very healthy as it contains more protein than many other grains, but it too is a bit expensive. Cilantro is an herb that looks a lot like parsley and I think “bean spread” might be like Hummus which is made from garbanzo beans = chick peas. Hope this helps!

Tolkinpups 11 years ago

I agree with JoyEmery and mikefish. One look at the first week I’m on the program and
1) Many of the ingredients are not at a store within 100 miles and more are not available anywhere
2) I will be eliminating 1/3 to 1/2 of the suggested food — simply too much
3) I cook for 2 people — not 4-12 and do not see a way to easily down size the recipes. I therefore will do one recipe and repeat it several times in the week which means it is not very interesting.
4) The recipes are way, way too complicated.

JoyEmery 11 years ago

I am also confused. If I ate everything recommended in the menu created for me, I would gain instead of lose. Even if you eat healthy food, if you eat too much you’ll gain weight. How many daily calories do these menus provide?

pennelleb 11 years ago

I just joined yesterday. I got my menu for the week. I am a bit confused. Do I eat everything that is listed for each meal, or just pick one item?

mikefish 11 years ago

I know just what you mean. I dont what half the foods mentioned are. Itsthe same old story of two coutries devided by a common language. For exsample what is:
quinoa, amaranth, cilantro, edamame, garbanzo, stevia, seitan, mung beans and BEAN SPREAD???
Never heard of any of them, can’t find them in an english dictionary and nobody in my Bowls club can help either

nankates 11 years ago

no prob. if they weight the same in oz.

DSHAPO 11 years ago

I am still having problems finding items on this menu. How do i get a Canadian menu? EG we do not have turyke sausage patties here. Our sausages come in links here.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.